[SOLVED] Is it worth Flashing a laptop GPU bios for extra performance ?

Gurjeet_1

Reputable
Mar 11, 2016
Hey guys, good day. So recently the new Call of Duty Warzone came out and I liked it very much so I purchased the whole game. I want to play the game on 1080p 60fps on my Lenovo Legion y540 15irh Laptop, but the game drops to mid 50s sometimes making the experience very choppy. I cant play the game on 1600x900 as its too blurry for my liking.

Laptop has the following specs:
CPU - i5 9300h (2.4 ghz base clock, 4.1 boost clock)
GPU - GTX 1650 (4gb vram, gddr5) overclocked (300mhz memory boost, 205mhz core clock boost)
16Gb 2400mhz dual channel ram
170W power supply.

I will eventually build a custom pc but in like the next 6 months not right now.

So should I flash my GPU bios to overclock this GPU even more, btw I repasted my CPU and GPU with Arctix MX 4 and GPU temps dont go more than 66 under load.

Solution
Do not flash your BIOS if you do not have any issues with the laptop. BIOS flashing is for when you absolutely need it for compatibility issues. It will not give you any performance whatsoever in your case because of this below.

Warzone is a special game.
  • It can use 12GB of RAM at max details.
  • It can use 50% of 12 threads.

It's normal for your laptop to have a hard time with that game and flashing your BIOS won't help.
Do not flash your BIOS if you do not have any issues with the laptop. BIOS flashing is for when you absolutely need it for compatibility issues. It will not give you any performance whatsoever in your case because of this below.

It's normal for your laptop to have a hard time with that game and flashing your BIOS won't help.

Reactions: Gurjeet_1
Solution

Gurjeet_1

Reputable
Mar 11, 2016

Hey man thanks for your advice, i guess ill just wait and build my new pc.