[SOLVED] Is it worth getting a 144hz monitor for my setup?

Apr 22, 2020
I'm in the market for a 144hz monitor but I'm confused if its a good idea. My rig:
I5-8300H 2.3ghz
12gb ddr4 ram
gtx 1050

thanks,

Solution
Hmm, if your games are running 60-90fps, then you might want one of the higher refresh monitors, WITH FreeSync, and use the "Enable GSync" option in the drivers to take advantage of those higher frame rates. My assumption was that you weren't able to exceed 60fps generally.

Is that 60-90 fps on your laptop's screen, or on another monitor? What resolution is it?
Apr 22, 2020
There would be no real point.

This is a laptop, correct? You could use the monitor as a display, of course, but don't expect your cpu/gpu combo to be able to play games at 144 frames/second.

Yes it is a Acer laptop. So i should go for something with a lower hz because most games i run from 60-90fps on all high? Thank you so much for the feedback.

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
Hmm, if your games are running 60-90fps, then you might want one of the higher refresh monitors, WITH FreeSync, and use the "Enable GSync" option in the drivers to take advantage of those higher frame rates. My assumption was that you weren't able to exceed 60fps generally.

Is that 60-90 fps on your laptop's screen, or on another monitor? What resolution is it?

Solution

TRENDING THREADS