Question Is it worth getting a sound card with this headset?

chibamarco

Reputable
Nov 9, 2017
Hello again, humans.

No more stuff aside, lets get to the main thing.

Is it worth getting an Sound Blaster Z, with the Cooler Master MH751 headset?

I will have an MSI B450M Mortar motherboard.
Said mobo has the REALTEK ALC892 Audio Codec, which from what I heard its pretty meh...

I want to have the best audio quality possible, for the headset itself and the mic, too.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 14196

Get a great USB DAC/Amp like the Schiit Fulla to drive any set of headphones. NO drivers! Plug it in and Go

Sound blaster and Realtek have tons of problems on windows 10. This form is Littered with complaints about those things not loading and running properly

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: richiestang_78

chibamarco

Reputable
Nov 9, 2017
Get a great USB DAC/Amp like the Schiit Fulla to drive any set of headphones. NO drivers! Plug it in and Go

Sound blaster and Realtek have tons of problems on windows 10. This form is Littered with complaints about those things not loading and running properly

Well, the Schiit Fulla isn't available on Mindfactory...

How good is the ASUS Xonar U5/U7 MKII?

For low end headset/headphone like Cooler Master MH751, it does not really worth spending more on an extra soundcard.
The integrated one should be more than enough.
Sound quality depends more on the end driver (speakers and headphone) anyway.

A dedicated soundcard is more needed if you have a really good headphone and if the headphone needs more power to drive e.g. those over 32 Ohm impedance.

If you want better sound quality upgrade your headphone/headset/speakers first and then invest in a dedicated DAC or soundcard or amplifier or receivers, if necessary.

I have Realtek on-board on my laptop, I am running Win10, there is no problem at all.

D

Deleted member 14196

on-board audio is generally terrible, with lots of electronic noise, plus not enough power for even descent headphones. that has been my experience so I finally gave up. The Xonar looks probably like your best bet. you can get good headphones later. I found these here, and we just adore these, and they are not expensive, hope you can find them there, Back down to only 63 dollars! They sound better than my $150 cans! way better. They are super comfortable compared to the audio-techinca M50x and sound better IMO.

https://www.amazon.com/Status-Audio-Closed-Monitor-Headphones/dp/B01BDX1IVW/ref=sr_1_2?crid=34MZAZ251KNLG&keywords=status+audio+cb-1&qid=1554903078&s=gateway&sprefix=status,aps,141&sr=8-2

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 217926

The Cooler Master MH751 is one of many Takstar Pro 82 variants on the market. It's not going to benefit from going full hifi with the source but a sound card with an amp might help. The Asus cards are quite good.