[SOLVED] Is it worth having a 150 ti and 1660 super installed??

Dec 30, 2019
Would i gain anything and i mean anything even 10% or would i lose performance with having them both installed, or will it just do nothing.
If it wouldn't gain performance would i lose performance if i used it for a second monitor or is their no point to that also.
Sorry if its a sill questions :)

Solution
If you plug your main monitor into the 1660 Super yes the 1660 super will be able to perform just as well, but not better.

What motherboard do you have? Some motherboards support two GPUs better than others, because some have only one slot with lanes to the cpu, while others may have up to four.

It also comes to the question of do you need it? The 1050 Ti won't be helping the 1660 super since you won't be running them in SLI or anything, since they're different chips. Do you really need to play games on two monitors at once? Probably not. If you want a dual monitor setup, chances are you'll do just fine, if not better, running both off the 1660 super.
It will just use more power and even if they were matching GPUs with SLI bridge, nowdays games don't support SLI (2GPUs). You might run into issues when running two cards, e.g. I had a 280X and 7970Ghz in crossfire and colors get broken after I quit a 3D application.

You won't gain any performance and you might have issues so better off without the old GPU.
Your 1660S should support 3 monitors so there is no point for the old GPU.

If you plug your main monitor into the 1660 Super yes the 1660 super will be able to perform just as well, but not better.

What motherboard do you have? Some motherboards support two GPUs better than others, because some have only one slot with lanes to the cpu, while others may have up to four.

It also comes to the question of do you need it? The 1050 Ti won't be helping the 1660 super since you won't be running them in SLI or anything, since they're different chips. Do you really need to play games on two monitors at once? Probably not. If you want a dual monitor setup, chances are you'll do just fine, if not better, running both off the 1660 super.

Solution