[SOLVED] Is it worth having a second system for streaming?

Solution
The streaming PC is dedicated to taking load off the primary system, resulting in (typically) smoother gameplay and less hiccups with lost frames etc.
In theory, yes they are worth it depending on the specs of both systems and their intended audiences.

If this is not your primary form of income, probably not worth it to build two new systems for that purpose however.
The streaming PC is dedicated to taking load off the primary system, resulting in (typically) smoother gameplay and less hiccups with lost frames etc.
In theory, yes they are worth it depending on the specs of both systems and their intended audiences.

If this is not your primary form of income, probably not worth it to build two new systems for that purpose however.

Reactions: Claken
Solution
May 7, 2020
What kind of specs would a good stream pc have?

Today I went to put my new SSD into my MOBO but I used the wrong screwdriver and threaded the screw of the M.2 Socket real bad and now cannot open it at all. I'm going to try using super glue on my screwdriver just to get the screw out and hope everything is alright tomorrow but if not I think I will have to buy a new MOBO entirely. Not sure what else I can do.

Are there any parts I could use from my current build for a stream pc?

MOBO: Asus Maximus x Hero (Possibly Broken)
CPU: Intel i7 8700k
GPU: Zotac 1070Ti (Could use an upgrade)
RAM: Corsair 3200Mhz 16GB (Needs Upgrade?)
SSD: Samsung Evo 970 Pro 2TB
PSU: Evga 850 G2

I also have two HDDs and a spare Cooler Master 212 Evo CPU Cooler if useful.

A streaming PC really only needs a semi capable processor, and a GPU if you plan to do any GPU accelerated streaming.
This is a very basic overview of the process: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/gaming/resources/dual-pc-streaming.html

Basically, you just offload the processing power required to produce the stream.
If you have a single capable system you can get similar results, and a 8700k is more than capable for a secondary rig.

Today I went to put my new SSD into my MOBO but I used the wrong screwdriver and threaded the screw of the M.2 Socket real bad and now cannot open it at all. I'm going to try using super glue on my screwdriver just to get the screw out and hope everything is alright tomorrow but if not I think I will have to buy a new MOBO entirely.
I think this is common to Asus boards as mine has a similar issue with the screw the seller had loads of trouble getting his SSD out before he shipped it to me. I think he got it out with sticky tape on the screwdriver. Buying a new screw seems like a better solution though Asus might just send you one if you ask.

May 7, 2020
I think this is common to Asus boards as mine has a similar issue with the screw the seller had loads of trouble getting his SSD out before he shipped it to me. I think he got it out with sticky tape on the screwdriver. Buying a new screw seems like a better solution though Asus might just send you one if you ask.
I tried to even undo the screw socket but had no luck. I'm worried I might have knocked or scratched the motherboard in the process. How strong actually are PC parts? They all seem really delicate and expensive haha. I usually try to be as gentle as possible.

I tried to even undo the screw socket but had no luck. I'm worried I might have knocked or scratched the motherboard in the process. How strong actually are PC parts? They all seem really delicate and expensive haha. I usually try to be as gentle as possible.
Depends how hard you hit it, I mean if you stab the motherboard hard with a screwdriver chances are high it will die, but a light graze should be ok

May 7, 2020
Depends how hard you hit it, I mean if you stab the motherboard hard with a screwdriver chances are high it will die, but a light graze should be ok
I did it!
Not sure if the damage is done but this is the back of the M.2 Socket: View: http://imgur.com/a/zQG7xri

This is the mobo. Not sure if any damage would be visible? View: http://imgur.com/a/sCL7Ol1

Will just have to see if it works at all. Ended up using a few layers of sticky tape to get some grip. This is the screw: View: http://imgur.com/a/4z8HmoN

May 7, 2020
Your m.2 cover still has the tape over the thermal conduction material, if that is after you put it on and tried to remove it. Hopefully you removed it the second time you installed it, if not open it and remove the film.
Yeah no I removed that when I put the SSD in haha. Installed windows but need to do some tests before I know everything is working.