Question Is it worth it? RTX 3080

Sep 4, 2022
Currently i'm doing a new gaming pc build and i am looking at the i5-12600KF and the i7-12700KF as my cpu of choice. For my gpu of choice im looking at either a rtx 3080 10gb or an rtx 3070 TI 8gb so my question is i guess which of these combos would work bets together and which combos will i see bad cpu bottlenecking if i see any with these choices of combinations. I've read that the rtx 3080 is primarily a 4k gpu and if not paired with a relatively strong/fast cpu bottlenecking will occur at res levels lower then 4k just to different extents however i have not seen anything or much in regards to the rtx 3070 TI and cpu bottlenecking at any res so im clueless there. Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated and i thank you in advance. I want to avoid bottlenecks as much as possible while still having a great gaming experience at most/all res and these are my cpu/gpu combo picks. =) I will be using a Z690 mobo and DDR5 if any of that matters.

Sep 4, 2022
So that is the motherboard i am currently looking at for my new gaming pc build. ( MSI MPG Z690 Edge WiFi Gaming Motherboard ATX ) , I originally was hoping to go with the ( MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi ATX motherboard), reading that it was a great board for gaming, overclocking, Intel 12th gen cpus and future expandability, but it ended up being not within my budget sadly. =( So i guess my question is, am i making a big downgrade or a bad decision with this choice or is the board i've decided to go with a good gaming motherboard with a capable capacity for overclocking and being relatively somewhat "future proof" in the upgradability department should i choose to upgrade my pc sometime years down the road? I plan on sticking with Intel Raptor lake when they come out which it is said will be compatible with the board i have chosen as well as the board i actually wanted, i don't know much about motherboards, all i know is the last gaming pc i put together i made a very bad decision on my choice of motherboard by going with a Gigabyte 970a-ds3p and i don't want to make another bad decision on this build. Thank you very much in advance for any help you can give me. =)

Sep 4, 2022
Putting together a new build and was wondering what you guys think. Is it worth it to put the extra cash into a RTX3080 or would an RTX3070 or RTX3070 TI be more then sufficient for gaming in 2022 and into the future? If i can save a little cash for a better mobo or cpu that would be nice but if the RTX3080 is really going to improve my gaming experience now and into the foreseeable future over the RTX 3070 or RTX3070 TI then maybe that extra cash would be better spent on the RTX3080. If it matter i will be using a Z690 mobo and DDR5 ram. Thank you in advance for your knowledge and opinions in this matter and best wishes. =)