[SOLVED] Is it worth it to buy a used gtx1050 ?

Dec 3, 2019
A friend of mine is selling a Gigabyte GeForce GTX1050 2GB OC at the price of 60 €. The card is obviously used and what he also told me , is that he has overclocked her. Is it 60€ or less? or more?

Solution
if you don't have more moeny try to convince him to sell it at 50 euros, but yes, is a decent price, is a old gpu, so keep your expectations under control, is a gpu for 1080 low in all games, but is also is a low noise and low power consumption gpu, so is a decent purchase, is only surpassed by the 1050ti or the recently released 1650 super, but that one is more power hungry

Aziren2001

Reputable
Dec 3, 2019
I think that is a fair price is it is running smoothly, But depending on what you have now it may not be a substantial benefit. What are you running now? CEX sells things like a 980 for £130 (Not euros I know but would be roughly same) and although they are older now, they will outperform the 1050.

Personally I say don't buy it, just save and grab a better bargain.

Dec 3, 2019
I think that is a fair price is it is running smoothly, But depending on what you have now it may not be a substantial benefit. What are you running now? CEX sells things like a 980 for £130 (Not euros I know but would be roughly same) and although they are older now, they will outperform the 1050.

Personally I say don't buy it, just save and grab a better bargain.
I am running a 9800gt 1gb, with an intel core 2 quad and 4gb of ram( ddr2). I dont want to spend more that 50-80 £ for a gpu now since i am going to upgrade the rest of the build soon. The gpu is the last thing i want to upgrade since i am not playing heavy games right now and i think that 1050 would be fine for 720p or 1280 at med seetings. What my current gpu lucks is directX11 and above ts not combatible with my mobo so i have quite often bluescreens. So for 60£ it sounds good to me,

atljsf

Honorable
BANNED
if you don't have more moeny try to convince him to sell it at 50 euros, but yes, is a decent price, is a old gpu, so keep your expectations under control, is a gpu for 1080 low in all games, but is also is a low noise and low power consumption gpu, so is a decent purchase, is only surpassed by the 1050ti or the recently released 1650 super, but that one is more power hungry

Solution
Dec 3, 2019
I focus more in performance that appearance in the games that i play, so low settings at 1080 would not be bad for me.I will try to get it for the price of 50 euros . Thanks a lot for your help :D

Reactions: atljsf