[SOLVED] Is it worth it to change the stock fans off the arctic liquid cooler II 240?

NadeMagnet69

Prominent
Jul 20, 2020
The stock AIO fans are rated at 56.3 CFM, 2.2mm H2O static pressure, 200-1800 RPM, .3sone which converts to 22.5-24.5 dB.

The fans I'm looking at are Noctua NF-P12 redux which are 70.7 CFM, 2.83 H2O static pressure, 450-1700 RPM, 25.1 dB.

Is a 27 dollar upgrade worth it enough for an extra 14.4 CFM, and a mere .63 increase in static pressure?

Things to consider. Both are rated within all of 1dB level of each other. I haven't gotten to try the AIO yet (still waiting for all parts before I build) but I know the Noctua are super quiet even at max 1700 RPM while I only have the specs to go off the AIO. Also the AIO will be a push pull with 2 more NF-P12. (already have them) Is there a benefit of having 4 identical fans running through the radiator vs 2 different kinds of fan blades?

lol I know this seems silly and negligible but I'm having fun learning and what's a mere 27 bucks? What are your thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Solution
The change isn't worth it, unless you just want to do it anyway.

What's 27USD? Quite a lot actually.
-some thermal paste to use for later
-1 or 2 fans to be used in a more worthwhile location you might not have considered yet
-some indie games from the platform of your choosing
-food
-pocket change
-and so on...

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
The change isn't worth it, unless you just want to do it anyway.

What's 27USD? Quite a lot actually.
-some thermal paste to use for later
-1 or 2 fans to be used in a more worthwhile location you might not have considered yet
-some indie games from the platform of your choosing
-food
-pocket change
-and so on...

Solution

Latest posts