Question Is it worth it to have a professional replace the thermal paste on my laptop with liquid metal , or should I do it myself ?

Jul 17, 2018
I watched a YouTube video watching a guy replace it on the same laptop as mine but I still doubt my ability to change it without messing something up. Should I pay the £70 required(including the materials required + the man's work) to change it or do it myself?

D

Deleted member 14196

It’s nice to know your own limits and if you don’t think you are capable of doing it then yes you should have somebody else do it who is capable but please make sure that they know what they’re doing

FreakenEpic

Honorable
Apr 18, 2017
If you are experienced in the computers (meaning you put at least 1 or more together and know how most things work and know the dangers of liquid metal) then yes. Otherwise, it's a maybe, because there are a lot of things that can go wrong if you aren't careful,(such as static killing your computer or losing a screw, and etc). On the other hand, professionals can be expensive as they want money for their work and can cost up to $200 for something as simple as changing the thermal paste. So again if you think you can take apart a computer, not lose any screws, either have an anti-static strap or just be careful not having yourself charged by static, and know how to put it back together then do it, otherwise get a professional (and make sure he is highly rated and doesn't ask for over $70).