Question Is it worth it to move from a Corsair Spec Delta case to a Phanteks P300A for better cooling ?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

RedNeckBack

Prominent
May 20, 2022
Hello, my specs basically b450m s2h / r5 3600 / gigabyte rtx 2060 oc.
I'm using Corsair Spec Delta Rgb and my gpu hit the 83 celcius degree easily. So i wanna get new case which has better cooling performance.
Phanteks P300A Mesh it cost around 55 usd 'for today' and the normal price is around 70 usd in my country and I think it will cost around extra 20usd if i sell my Spec Delta, first i'll buy p300a then i'll sell mine.

I wonder about that P300A stock vs Spec Delta and also p300a with extra 1 or 2 fans vs spec delta airflow and temperatures. I mean that how is good or bad with spec delta ? I guess P300A has a decent airflow even stock fans but it comes just 1 exhaust fans i guess. There is no front (intake) fans. I will have to use for a few months with stock fans if i get P300A. So i'm scared about stock fan being enough for good cooling ?

Last edited:

RedNeckBack

Prominent
May 20, 2022
Might help if the was at least the stock cooler. The Wraith Stealth isn't that bad, but what Op has isn't a Stealth. It's not even AMD stock. Not sure what it is or where it came from, but from the design, it's probably worse than stock but came with promises of being 'better than stock
Oh i realise rn look at that
View: https://imgur.com/a/IipuQ68

You pulled the cpu off. You have to clean off the old paste and apply new. Doesn't matter what paste, as long as it was designed for cpu cooler use.
Actually i didn't cpu cooler unscrews. I just keep with it when i remove the motherboard. As i said i have the cheapest thermal paste but i can try it to test cpu temps.

RedNeckBack

Prominent
May 20, 2022
However, the overall concept is that quality and arrangement of the cooling fans is what matters. Not how many fans, how fast they spin, and how much air they may move around, etc..

Could cool perfectly well with a bit of re-arranging /re-directing a couple of the fan. So you would not be wasting money.

For now, work with what you have to first determine the root reason for the overheating and then try solutions accordingly,
I don't know actually some people said to me corsair fans will be okay for p300a.

RedNeckBack

Prominent
May 20, 2022
Oh i realise rn look at that
View: https://imgur.com/a/IipuQ68

Actually i didn't cpu cooler unscrews. I just keep with it when i remove the motherboard. As i said i have the cheapest thermal paste but i can try it to test cpu temps.

I tried repasting (no-name paste) and test firestrike again.
With Undervolt GPU, both side are closed in the spec delta.
Max CPU temp is 88 again
Max GPU temp is 74. (It looks fine with undervolt.)