Is it worth it to risk buying on ebay?

WiiUMasterGman

Reputable
May 11, 2016
Is it worth risking buy on EBay even with their money back guarantee? Even if I don't get what I ordered I can still get my money back with no hiccups. If I am wrong can someone clarify their money back guarantee for me?

Solution

You probably did well.
If I have any concerns, it is that the price seems too good.

But, The seller has good feedback and you paid with paypal.
If you have a problem, it should show up quickly.
In that event ask the seller for a return shipment and label.
Ebay will hold your payment in escrow until the issue is resolved.
Conduct all communications using ebay email so you have a paper trail.
In the event of a dispute, ebay sides with the buyer.
eBay's 30-day money back guarantee is pretty good. BUT, you have to make sure to read all of the product description to make sure the seller did not inform you of any flaws or defects prior to purchasing.

I've had to get my money back a couple times because I did not receive the item I purchased. The best thing you can do is only buy from reputable sellers (positive feedback).

I also sell high quality computer parts that I no longer use on eBay. The buyers get pretty good deals.

g-unit1111

Titan
From your other thread I'd be concerned about this part:

Removed from lightly used Lenovo gaming computer. Fully tested and guaranted to work.

I'm guessing this means that the item would come as is with no warranty or anything else relating to the card, so that would be one of those "buy at your own risk" type of deals.

WiiUMasterGman

Reputable
May 11, 2016

WE GIVE 90 DAYS WARRANTY ON THIS ITEM

I know that that probably doesn't mean anything. But if it comes broken or CPU-Z says that it is not a GTX 1070 I can contact EBay and ask for a refund?

g-unit1111

Titan

Yeah in most cases if it's a fraudulent item they do have that guarantee. The fact that they're offering their own warranty on it already seems sketchy. I would contact the seller to get a copy of the warranty to clarify what they mean by that. If they don't offer you that, don't buy.

You probably did well.
If I have any concerns, it is that the price seems too good.

But, The seller has good feedback and you paid with paypal.
If you have a problem, it should show up quickly.
In that event ask the seller for a return shipment and label.
Ebay will hold your payment in escrow until the issue is resolved.
Conduct all communications using ebay email so you have a paper trail.
In the event of a dispute, ebay sides with the buyer.

Solution