Is It Worth It To Switch To Kaihl Box Switches

haug_peyton

Proper
Sep 25, 2018
I've been wondering if it is worth switching to Kaihl box switches, that means un-sodering then re-sodering every key, but it is way more tactile than any cherry mx switch.

Solution

What you can't forget is the time you are going to spend making this and the possibility of you breaking your current keyboard. I'm surprised you are able to find these for such a low price.

At that point just get a new keyboard. The chances of you messing up are so high when doing this.

What switches do you have now and which ones are you looking at to replace them with?

haug_peyton

Proper
Sep 25, 2018

Sorry for not directly replying to you.

I mean just get a new keyboard. The difference between the 2 seems rather minimal and just the cost for a full set of these is close to the price of a keyboard containing them.

haug_peyton

Proper
Sep 25, 2018

Well I can find a set of 70 for around 30$, but a keyboard with them in it costs around 100$.

haug_peyton

Proper
Sep 25, 2018

And I don't remember but my keyboard might have the ability to change the switches without soldering the switches.

What you can't forget is the time you are going to spend making this and the possibility of you breaking your current keyboard. I'm surprised you are able to find these for such a low price.

Solution

haug_peyton

Proper
Sep 25, 2018

No it's 3.4$ for a set of 10 switches.