[SOLVED] Is it worth it to upgrade a MacBook Pro mid 2009

Mar 16, 2020
Hi guys, I just got into my possession a MacBook Pro mid 2009 13 inch core 2 duo processor. The battery only lasts for about an hour and it has 4 gigs of RAM and 250GB of a very slow hard drive. I was thinking of spending the close to $150-$200 to upgrade to SSD, get 8 gigs of new RAM, and a new battery. I currently don't have a laptop now and don't want to spend a lot of money. Do you think it would be worth it? Would it last for a couple more years?

Solution
I would suggest used windows laptop like
richiestang_78

, but if your one of those people who only want to use apple and are doing simple tasks then upgrade is the way to go. 2x4gb 1066mhz pc3-8500 ram set is about 20 euro used or 30 euro new from china if you buy elsewhere remmeber to check compatibility with apple since macbooks can be picky: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Crucial-8G...657518?hash=item522953846e:g:wfcAAOSwrf9dHjFN

SSD is not much of an investment since you can use it in your new laptop, go for 120 or 250 gb Samsung evo series, buy SSD / battery (obviously) new but ram can be used.

With 120gb ssd , 8gb ram and replacement (not...
Hi guys, I just got into my possession a MacBook Pro mid 2009 13 inch core 2 duo processor. The battery only lasts for about an hour and it has 4 gigs of RAM and 250GB of a very slow hard drive. I was thinking of spending the close to $150-$200 to upgrade to SSD, get 8 gigs of new RAM, and a new battery. I currently don't have a laptop now and don't want to spend a lot of money. Do you think it would be worth it? Would it last for a couple more years?

You can buy much more powerful used laptops for that much, at least Windows machines. As far as used Appls looks like on eBay you can find Macbook Pros from around 2015 for around 200-300 which IMO would be a better investment. Core 2 Duo is a pretty outdated CPU these days

Mar 16, 2020
You can buy much more powerful used laptops for that much, at least Windows machines. As far as used Appls looks like on eBay you can find Macbook Pros from around 2015 for around 200-300 which IMO would be a better investment. Core 2 Duo is a pretty outdated CPU these days
But would the processor died on me? I don't need it to run much other than simple tasks

I would suggest used windows laptop like
richiestang_78

, but if your one of those people who only want to use apple and are doing simple tasks then upgrade is the way to go. 2x4gb 1066mhz pc3-8500 ram set is about 20 euro used or 30 euro new from china if you buy elsewhere remmeber to check compatibility with apple since macbooks can be picky: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Crucial-8G...657518?hash=item522953846e:g:wfcAAOSwrf9dHjFN

SSD is not much of an investment since you can use it in your new laptop, go for 120 or 250 gb Samsung evo series, buy SSD / battery (obviously) new but ram can be used.

With 120gb ssd , 8gb ram and replacement (not original) battery shouldnt be more than 100-125$ total if you find cheap deals.

Solution