[SOLVED] Is it worth it?

Solution
For plug and play, with no messing, no tinkering, the 3600X, it's Amd boosted about as much as they'll go. If you don't mind messing with settings, tinkering with different coolers, taking more of a proactive approach to the cpu, the 3600 is the better value.

It's not the cost, intrinsically at best performance levels they are the same Cpu. That £20 difference pays for your lack of input.
The Ryzen 3600 is currently selling here,(UK) for £160 but Ive just found the 3600X selling for £179. Should I go for the 3600X for the extra £19?
It's in the eye of beholder. X has slight advantage over non-x in frequency and in automatic boost but with some OC of non-x it could be brought to minimal. Frankly, I would get 3600 or ad a bit more for 3700x although for pure gaming there could be just few fps up or down between all 3 of them.

Reactions: kurdtnz and RodroX
The Ryzen 3600 is currently selling here,(UK) for £160 but Ive just found the 3600X selling for £179. Should I go for the 3600X for the extra £19?

Assuming they are both new boxed processors, I would probably take the 3600X just for the fact it comes with a better cooler. If you don't plan on using the box cooler, then the 3600 is better value as they will hit roughly the same speed with an overclockl

Reactions: kurdtnz and RodroX
As it was mention already if youre not using the Box cooler, then get the 3600. The performance delta between the two is almost nothing, we are talking about 2%. The 3600 + decent cooler will be able to perform the same as the X part. No need to OC, just give the 3600 a decent cooler.

Reactions: kurdtnz

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
For plug and play, with no messing, no tinkering, the 3600X, it's Amd boosted about as much as they'll go. If you don't mind messing with settings, tinkering with different coolers, taking more of a proactive approach to the cpu, the 3600 is the better value.

It's not the cost, intrinsically at best performance levels they are the same Cpu. That £20 difference pays for your lack of input.

Reactions: kurdtnz
Solution