Is it worth shelling out an extra $50 for the ASUS TUF GAMING x570-PRO?

Nov 23, 2020
Hey there!

The motherboard I wanted (the ASUS TUF GAMING x570-PLUS (WI-FI)) just went on sale on Newegg, but I also found out that ASUS recently released the ASUS TUF GAMING x570-PRO, which has a few more features (such as WI-FI 6 support (rather than 5) and an extra USB header (I’m currently 2 headers short of being all to support all the ports in my case; I’m getting the Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL)). Currently, due to the sale on the PLUS version of the board, there’s a $50 difference between the two. Is it really worth the added cost?

Hey there!

The motherboard I wanted (the ASUS TUF GAMING x570-PLUS (WI-FI)) just went on sale on Newegg, but I also found out that ASUS recently released the ASUS TUF GAMING x570-PRO, which has a few more features (such as WI-FI 6 support (rather than 5) and an extra USB header (I’m currently 2 headers short of being all to support all the ports in my case; I’m getting the Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL)). Currently, due to the sale on the PLUS version of the board, there’s a $50 difference between the two. Is it really worth the added cost?
$50 for that? I don't think so. How about a B550 chipset at the same price? You'll probably have all those headers too