[SOLVED] Is it worth swtching from an 2080ti to two 2080s in SLI?

manolid

Reputable
Nov 3, 2016
Currently have a EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra Hybrid and am thinking about switching to dual EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 FTW3 Ultra Hydro Copper Gaming in SLI.

Is this upgrade worth the time and money? Will I see a significant increase in FPS? I'm currently playing Far Cry 5 in 4k with normal settings and am getting consistent 60fps. With ultra setting fps drop to 45-60 range. Will the 2080 SLI get me to consistent 60fps with ultra settings?

Any input is appreciated

Solution
sli is not worth it anymore. especially if going down in card performance. what you'll lose won't be made up with 2 2080's. it does not scale well most of the time and is a constant headache for most everyone.

you only have to wait a little longer for the next gen gpu's. i'm willing to bet trading in for the newest flagship will be a much better gain that messing with sli. you can still sell your 2080ti for a good bit to help offset the price of whatever the new flagship will cost. though it is rumored to be closer to $2000 this time around!!! but if you're willing to pay it to not have to compromise on settings, then go for it.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
sli is not worth it anymore. especially if going down in card performance. what you'll lose won't be made up with 2 2080's. it does not scale well most of the time and is a constant headache for most everyone.

you only have to wait a little longer for the next gen gpu's. i'm willing to bet trading in for the newest flagship will be a much better gain that messing with sli. you can still sell your 2080ti for a good bit to help offset the price of whatever the new flagship will cost. though it is rumored to be closer to $2000 this time around!!! but if you're willing to pay it to not have to compromise on settings, then go for it.

Solution