[SOLVED] Is it worth to add two core 2 duo CPUs to increase team render rendering speed ?

juviliangleaces

Prominent
Oct 24, 2017
I have i5 7th gen processor with gtx 1050. My vray rendering using Cinema 4D is too slow..

I have a 10 year old desktop CPU with core2duo (no graphic card) in it. Will there be a significant improvement in cpu rendering speed if I connect my i5 desktop with the old one ? ( I am not able to try this myself, cos I need to replace the smps of the old CPU and only if it is worth I will be replacing it)

If it is worth I am willing to buy two more of these desktop CPUs (70$ each at olx). Also is there a way to know the increase in rendering speed in percentage.

Kindly help me with this.

Solution
"Will there be a significant improvement in cpu rendering speed if I connect my i5 desktop with the old one ? "
Making multiple PCs to split the task for 1 job is not easy.
I hope you already know what you are doing and how you can do that.

If you really know how to do that and under ideal conditions, you can really make the rendering time better up to certain point (amount of PCs), which you do not see the difference anymore.
No nobody can tell you how much faster it would be. Joining PCs as cluster will have many factors influencing the performance e.g. data transfer speed between PCs.

Personally, I would rather build a new rig with 8 cores / 16 threads e.g. using the dirt cheap €160 Ryzen 7 1700x.
"Will there be a significant improvement in cpu rendering speed if I connect my i5 desktop with the old one ? "
Making multiple PCs to split the task for 1 job is not easy.
I hope you already know what you are doing and how you can do that.

If you really know how to do that and under ideal conditions, you can really make the rendering time better up to certain point (amount of PCs), which you do not see the difference anymore.
No nobody can tell you how much faster it would be. Joining PCs as cluster will have many factors influencing the performance e.g. data transfer speed between PCs.

Personally, I would rather build a new rig with 8 cores / 16 threads e.g. using the dirt cheap €160 Ryzen 7 1700x.

Solution