[SOLVED] Is it worth to downgrade from x570 to b550 Edge Wifi

Gedikpasha

Reputable
Jul 9, 2019
Hello,

Im planing to upgrade my cpu 3600 to 5600x so I know that x570 gaming edge wifi one of the worst mb. It has bad Vrm's on the other hand b550 edge wifi or tomahawk has better vrm.

My question; Unless i go with to 5900x Is it worth to downgrade for a 65W CPU ? Will B550 Edge Wifi/Tomahawk give me more oc capacity than x570 edge wifi?

I dont use Pcie 4.0 storage atm.

My gpu gonna be rtx 3080 soon.

Solution
If you're going to use a 5000 series Ryzen 5, I wouldn't spend the money to change boards.

If you plan to run a Ryzen 7 or 9 from the new series, then I probably WOULD recommend something with a better VRM and power phase configuration, because that board is going to suffer for certain based on Hardware unboxed's review of the VRM configuration on that board. Since the newer CPUs are going to likely have higher power consumption than the 3000 series, I think it's probably going to be even more critical that some models get paired with very capable motherboards.

But obviously that is all assumption and guesswork, since we really don't know anything yet, and it would probably be prudent to wait if you are unduly concerned with buying...
If you're going to use a 5000 series Ryzen 5, I wouldn't spend the money to change boards.

If you plan to run a Ryzen 7 or 9 from the new series, then I probably WOULD recommend something with a better VRM and power phase configuration, because that board is going to suffer for certain based on Hardware unboxed's review of the VRM configuration on that board. Since the newer CPUs are going to likely have higher power consumption than the 3000 series, I think it's probably going to be even more critical that some models get paired with very capable motherboards.

But obviously that is all assumption and guesswork, since we really don't know anything yet, and it would probably be prudent to wait if you are unduly concerned with buying another board, to see what the reviews have to say.

Reactions: Gedikpasha
Solution

TRENDING THREADS