is it worth to upgrade from gtx 1070 to gtx 1070ti?

Yash_rc

Reputable
Jun 16, 2017
soo i m buying a gtx 1070 in this month but i have offer of gtx 1070ti the price difference between them two will be 100$ to 120$ depends how negotiating goes.. i can buy the gtx 1070ti in july .... but i really do not wanna miss the gtx 1070 offer... also if i buy gtx 1070ti i have to change my case too as its a 3 fan gpu ...

my requirements are 1080p 60fps. for atleast 4 years at ultra
my cpu is i3: 3210 upgrading to i5 8th gen after two months
ram 8gb ddr3 same upgrading after 2 months ..

soo is it worth it to spend the extra money on the gtx 1070ti and also a new case if im only gaming at that resolution.

my current gpu is gtx 1060 3gb ... im buying the gtx 1070 this month and i can sell it in july then buy gtx 1070ti is it worth it to do ? or should i just buy the next gen card and play with gtx 1070 for now ? is it capable for 4 to 5 years of gaming at very high to ultra at 60fps ? 1080p

Well first of all, nobody has a crystal ball into what game demands will be 3-4 years from now. All we can do is look in the past. But that doesn't tell a story because some games have been extremely GPU intensive, others not so much. That continues to this day. If you have a 1080p 60Hz monitor, a GTX 1070 is by itself overkill but will offer some future proofing. Keep in mind there is no such thing as long term future proofing when it comes to video cards. We are seeing an increase on CPU future proofing as say people skip 3-4 generations of Intel chipset builds, so that's different.

In any event, if I were you, I'd just pony up the extra money for the 1070 Ti in the event one day you wanted to upgrade to say a 1440p monitor or 144Hz 1080p G-Sync monitor. In my opinion, the 1070 Ti is the best bang for the buck card out there and miners have not targeted it which means prices are reasonable. Also keep in mind the next generation of Nvidia GPUs are right around the corner starting with the GTX 1180 being released at the end of July, and then the GTX 1170 a few weeks later. I would wait for them, but if you want-need a new GPU now for some future headroom, the 1070 Ti is where to go.

Yash_rc

Reputable
Jun 16, 2017

thank you for all your answers :D but selling in my country is not a problem at all like i just posted an ad of my gtx 1060 3gb yesterday and it got sold today.. soo yea selling is not an issue ALSO I DECIDED i will go with gtx 1070 as i have to change a lot of things too cpu, ram, psu , mobo, so that 120$ may come in handy atleast i can get a better psu than what i have now (vs450 watts psu) soo yea. also it seems to be overkill for 1080p. but i do want overkill so i can use it for atleast 3 to 4 years.. and then maybe buy an used volta later if they come out so there's that.. also i gotta change my PC case cause in my country only the 3 fan gtx 1070ti is available and lets say a "good" PC CASE costs around 120$ so again unnecessary spending .. but thanks for your answers i decided on my own :d