Is it worth to upgrade?

GoatZee

Reputable
Mar 27, 2017
I have rx 460 and fx 8300 3.3ghz is it worth to upgrade to gtx 1060, or i should wait for a new card or should i upgrade my cpu?

Solution
Your CPU should be fine for a 1060, I believe they have a decent boost speed.....something like 4.2GHz.
Depending on where you live, but here (in New Zealand) the used prices of graphic cards has really dropped, and the 1060 6GB can be picked up for half the new price, but even if you did buy new, it's still worth it. The performance increase over an RX 460 will be huge.
Your CPU should be fine for a 1060, I believe they have a decent boost speed.....something like 4.2GHz.
Depending on where you live, but here (in New Zealand) the used prices of graphic cards has really dropped, and the 1060 6GB can be picked up for half the new price, but even if you did buy new, it's still worth it. The performance increase over an RX 460 will be huge.

Solution
Ok, at those prices you would be safer buying new.

As for buying now or waiting, that all depends on how long you are prepared to wait. The new NVidia cards are rumoured to be released in July, but usually they start with the higher end cards first, so it could be a few months later before the replacement for the 1060 is released. And when it comes out, it won't be cheap, but may cause the 1060 to come down in price.....this won't be until near the end of the year, are you prepared to wait that long?