[SOLVED] is it worth to upgrade

As3D

Reputable
BANNED
Jun 13, 2020
i got i5 3470 and i want to upgrade to i7 3770 is it worth and
ps : i dont have enough money to upgrade the whole pc bcs everything is overpriced

Solution
Can't say. Don't know what the pc does or is intended to do.

The i5 is a 4core-4thread cpu, that wasn't too shabby in its day and is still respectable, for a quad. If the programs you use do just fine on 1-4 threads, upgrade isn't really going to do anything worthwhile. If the programs use 5-8 threads then the 3770/k will be a noticeable difference, even if in nothing but overall time spent on getting results.

As3D

Reputable
BANNED
Jun 13, 2020
Well...the 3770 is a better CPU.
But not that much better, in relation to current software.

How much were you planning to spend on this new CPU?

What are all the other parts in this system?
I got h61m-k GT 1030 8 ram and 240 gb ssd and i pay for it almost 40$ yes ik its kinda expensive but everything is expensive here in Algeria

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
A net of $40 sounds reasonable to me, but it won't be a huge boost in gaming. There will be certain instances where hyperthreading matters in games, but it's a bigger boost to productivity applications rather than gaming. It also can depend on what $40 means to you specifically.

As3D

Reputable
BANNED
Jun 13, 2020
A net of $40 sounds reasonable to me, but it won't be a huge boost in gaming. There will be certain instances where hyperthreading matters in games, but it's a bigger boost to productivity applications rather than gaming. It also can depend on what $40 means to you specifically.
Thanks all of u i really appreciate it u helped me a lot

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Can't say. Don't know what the pc does or is intended to do.

The i5 is a 4core-4thread cpu, that wasn't too shabby in its day and is still respectable, for a quad. If the programs you use do just fine on 1-4 threads, upgrade isn't really going to do anything worthwhile. If the programs use 5-8 threads then the 3770/k will be a noticeable difference, even if in nothing but overall time spent on getting results.

Solution

LeviTech

Commendable
Sep 27, 2021
In my opinion the biggest diferences are, as mention the multi thread and cache and mostly the cpu graphic chip, that goes from a HD2500 to a HD4000 (in the case ofc that you are using the cpu graphic chip).

Last edited: