Question Is it worth to wait for new Navi iGPUs for laptop?

May 30, 2020
We all know that this September new Navi and RTX GPUs will launch but is it worth waiting when it comes out for iGPU for laptops? I'm thinking to buy a laptop for light gaming(and for my mom to use it every day) and it will be used only for traveling and I already have decided which laptop I will buy (Ideapad 5, Ryzen 5 4500u) but I'm thinking now if after all the new tech comes out at the end of the year(new GPUs, New-gen consoles, DDR5) the laptop will become useless in 1-2 years and I plan it to keep it for minimum 5 years.

Should I wait for new iGPUs or not?

May 30, 2020
why is that?

new stuff come out every year. if you going to wait, you going to wait forever
That is true, I kinda forget about it and think if it is worth waiting and then I wait forever because of all the new tech coming out. But the reason why I was thinking because of how people say how amazing Navi will be and DDR5 being a lot faster than DDR4.

USAFRet

Titan
That is true, I kinda forget about it and think if it is worth waiting and then I wait forever because of all the new tech coming out. But the reason why I was thinking because of how people say how amazing Navi will be and DDR5 being a lot faster than DDR4.
"people say" that about every new generation of whatever. Rarely is a single generation change that great.
The advent of the Ryzen line vs the previous horrendous FX line, for instance....that WAS worth waiting for. Incremental changes within the Ryzen line? Not so much.

When do you need this?
If you want to wait a year, wait. If you need a system now, buy it now.