Question Is it worth upg from rx580 8gb to gtx1660?

Bence_1

Reputable
Sep 10, 2015
Hy there,

I just finished the upg of my pc and the last piece is the gpu. I have now a Gigabyte aorus rx 580 8 gb, and looking for a fair upg but not a high end model. My first thought is a gtx 1660 Is it worth or should i think about something else?

My config:
Intel i5-9600k
ASrock Z390 Pro 4
Gigabyte Aorus Rx580 8g
HyperX 2x8GB 2666Mhz
Zalman Z9 Neo case
Chieftec 750W PSU

Thanks!

Metal Messiah.

Notable
Mar 28, 2019
NOPE, I don't think the GTX 1660 GPU would be worth the upgrade, at least coming from an RX 580, IMO. On what screen RES do you actually play games ? Also, one more thing. Please consider changing/upgrading your current PSU model, the Chieftec 750W.

That's not a very known brand, and some of their units are of low quality, if not all (few units are also made by CWT). I won't recommend continue using this PSU, despite it being working on your system. Grab some other high-quality PSU. Don't risk frying your PC components in the long run. That's not a very reliable PSU model.

Just my thoughts. What's your budget for the GPU ? Look for some high-end RTX TURING cards.

Last edited:
Reactions: RobCrezz

PerplexedMatt

Honorable
Oct 15, 2013
Also to consider, GPU's are things you can consider buying used without too much worry. There is certainly no issue with buying a new card, but you can find some great deals on previous generation cards with great performance figures. Just make sure you verify the card still works before buying.