[SOLVED] is it worth upgrade from the core i7 4770 to the ryzen 5 2600 for rpg games and minecraft

Oct 3, 2020
when i play horizen zero,the witcher 3,the outterworld,codww2 i did experience some stuttering i play at high graphic setting
and for minecraft i usually play minecraft modpack more than 100mod
my pc spec
core i7 4770
gtx 1650super
240gh ssd
500hdd
500w psu
asus h81 mobo
8gb ram ddr3 1600mhz

Solution
No, it's really not.

Your stuttering is probably a lot more likely to be a result of only having 8GB of RAM than it is from a lack of CPU resources. Your 4770 has better single core performance than the Ryzen 2600 and your 8 threads are more than capable of handling any game without stuttering. That's not to say that additional cores aren't helpful, I just don't believe that your problem stems from a lack of cores.

If you're going to upgrade the platform, which would mean an entirely new motherboard, CPU and memory, no matter what you upgrade to unless you put a 4790k in there which would basically be pointless, you might as well upgrade to something that's fairly current. Not something like the Ryzen 2600 that's already 2.5 years...
No, it's really not.

Your stuttering is probably a lot more likely to be a result of only having 8GB of RAM than it is from a lack of CPU resources. Your 4770 has better single core performance than the Ryzen 2600 and your 8 threads are more than capable of handling any game without stuttering. That's not to say that additional cores aren't helpful, I just don't believe that your problem stems from a lack of cores.

If you're going to upgrade the platform, which would mean an entirely new motherboard, CPU and memory, no matter what you upgrade to unless you put a 4790k in there which would basically be pointless, you might as well upgrade to something that's fairly current. Not something like the Ryzen 2600 that's already 2.5 years old. Intel Coffee lake refresh and Canyon lake parts are good. Ryzen 3000 series is good and the 5000 series parts are getting ready to release not long from now. If you're going to buy something, those are what you'd want to buy into.

Reactions: ineedadoctor
Solution
Oct 3, 2020
your right for horizon zero dawn i need 12gb of ram to play at high-medium setting when benchmark with msi after burner i did not see any cpu bottle neck,the ryzen 3000 series is give higher fps than the 2000,thank you so much for helping me (where do i find the solved button)