[SOLVED] Is it worth upgrading 3060 RTX 12GB to 6700XT 12GB? is losing DLSS worth it compared to better rasterisation performance?

mossi

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2013
I'm the owner of an MSI GAMING X TRIO 3060 RTX 12GB card which runs cool and quiet so no issues there. But I'm seeing that I can sell this card for a very similar amount to what the 6700XT costs currently which is obviously a relatively faster card.

Is it worth doing that losing the ability to use DLSS? I'm playing mostly FPS or RTS/MOBA games.

Solution
I used it in Cyberpunk but I didn't like the game very much so ended up not playing after the main campaign.
Not sure in what other games is being used religiously so to say or better yet if the newer versions will be better and more games will adopt it so it's better to use it in the long term?
I think you will be happier with the 6700xt. It has more horsepower now to keep up with future games for a while. Full disclosure I use Nvidia gpu's.

mossi

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2013
Bottom line is the 6700xt is going to give you more fps. How many games do you use with Dlss as compared to how many games will use the extra horsepower?

I used it in Cyberpunk but I didn't like the game very much so ended up not playing after the main campaign.
Not sure in what other games is being used religiously so to say or better yet if the newer versions will be better and more games will adopt it so it's better to use it in the long term?

I think you will be happier with the 6700xt. It has more horsepower now to keep up with future games for a while. Full disclosure I use Nvidia gpu's.

Reactions: PEnns and mossi
Solution
I would say not to bother. The RX 6700 XT is only about 27% faster than the RTX 3060 (assuming that you don't have one of the fakes, the 3060 8GB).

If you're encountering problems with the RTX 3060, then by all means, go ahead but if I were you and wanted to upgrade, I'd make it worth it. That means, forget about the RX 6700 XT and get an RX 6800 XT.

That would put you into the big leagues.

mossi

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2013
I would say not to bother. The RX 6700 XT is only about 27% faster than the RTX 3060 (assuming that you don't have one of the fakes, the 3060 8GB).

If you're encountering problems with the RTX 3060, then by all means, go ahead but if I were you and wanted to upgrade, I'd make it worth it. That means, forget about the RX 6700 XT and get an RX 6800 XT.

That would put you into the big leagues.

It's out of my budget. I don't really want to spend a lot. I can sell the 3060 for about £300 and I can get a 6700xt for about £350.. I'll sell with 0 ebay fees obviously when they have a promotion etc.
The 6800xt goes for £500 for the models I want

It's out of my budget. I don't really want to spend a lot. I can sell the 3060 for about £300 and I can get a 6700xt for about £350.. I'll sell with 0 ebay fees obviously when they have a promotion etc.
The 6800xt goes for £500 for the models I want
Well, I can tell you from experience that specific models don't really matter when it comes to performance. I've owned cards by Albatron, XFX, Palit, Gigabyte and Sapphire. They all work and they all work well. Don't be worried about which board company made it because they've all been doing it for years.