Question Is it worth upgrading a ryzen 1220 to ryzen 5 2600

Apr 25, 2019
Hi everyone, ive been considering upgrading my cpu for gaming but im not fantastic with hardware so thought id ask.

I have a ryzen 2 1200
Gpu is a gtx 1060 6gb i think cant recall
And 4gb of ram which im increasing alongside cpu

It works a dream for most games on high but ive really been interested in emulation and playing Final Fantasy XV which runs like crap. Is the upgrade to a ryzen 5 2600 worth it for gaming compared to my current cpu. Thanks, sorry if this makes me sound simple :p

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
https://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/AMD-Ryzen-5-2600-vs-AMD-Ryzen-3-1200/3955vs3931

They show it being 29% faster. "Common" saying is that you can truly feel 30% by seat of the pants. Personally, I would say yes.

Now, something to note about that is that the results they show are a culmination of benches run on a variety of hardware and OC. With that said even the base clock and number of cores/threads should make a very notable difference between those two.

Apr 25, 2019
https://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/AMD-Ryzen-5-2600-vs-AMD-Ryzen-3-1200/3955vs3931

They show it being 29% faster. "Common" saying is that you can truly feel 30% by seat of the pants. Personally, I would say yes.

Now, something to note about that is that the results they show are a culmination of benches run on a variety of hardware and OC. With that said even the base clock and number of cores/threads should make a very notable difference between those two.
Oh cool thanks, i think its defo sounds worth it then... I could be wrong but i read somewhere conparing ryzen 2 to an i3 and the 5 to an i5... That could be bull tho lol. Thanks

WildCard999

Titan
Honestly im not sure, ita been a bit since i put it together, it was a cheapish gaming MoBo and i cant recall if it was 8 ram or not but im uping that.
The reason I ask is because if your running slow memory, under 2666, then you'll gain quite a bit of performance by going to 3000/3200 depending on the motherboard. I've done a bit of testing myself and found the difference between 2133 & 3200mhz to be up to a 20 FPS difference (maybe more) depending on the game. Even if your running a budget A320 board they still support higher memory speeds.