Question Is it worth upgrading from an Intel i7 9700 (Non K version) to the new AM5 platform with a Ryzen 7 7700X?

Feb 12, 2023
Since I started playing Modern Warfare 2019/Warzone on 2020, and then gamed on a 144hz monitor on 2021, I realized how tricky it was to squish FPS from demanding games like this. I did something as unorthodox as setting the game's process priority to "Realtime" just to unlock from 90-110s FPS to 160-220 FPS. Regardless of the solution, I cant deny how many times I started the game and my whole computer froze for a minute or something just to get the game going, not to mention how it would wreck whatever was working on the background (for example: it would make YT buffer while playing some music in the background). The CPU usage whenever I play big titles is around 70 to 90 percent.

Do you think it would be wise to upgrade to the new Ryzen 7 7700X? Would it help to solve this problems and give my PC "a little space to breathe"?

Since I started playing Modern Warfare 2019/Warzone on 2020, and then gamed on a 144hz monitor on 2021, I realized how tricky it was to squish FPS from demanding games like this. I did something as unorthodox as setting the game's process priority to "Realtime" just to unlock from 90-110s FPS to 160-220 FPS. Regardless of the solution, I cant deny how many times I started the game and my whole computer froze for a minute or something just to get the game going, not to mention how it would wreck whatever was working on the background (for example: it would make YT buffer while playing some music in the background). The CPU usage whenever I play big titles is around 70 to 90 percent.

Do you think it would be wise to upgrade to the new Ryzen 7 7700X? Would it help to solve this problems and give my PC "a little space to breathe"?
Yes, new Ryzen is much more powerful than your old Intel CPU.