Question Is it worth upgrading from i7 9th gen to i9 9th gen

Depends on what you do on your computer. A basic user wont benefit that much by the extra threads provided by the i9.

Streaming, video editing, 3d modeling, blender - i9
Gaming and general usage ex. browsing the web, watching videos and streams - i7

Don't get me wrong you can do streaming and video editing with an i7 aswell!

Jul 28, 2020
Depends on what you do on your computer. A basic user wont benefit that much by the extra threads provided by the i9.

Streaming, video editing, 3d modeling, blender - i9
Gaming and general usage ex. browsing the web, watching videos and streams - i7

Don't get me wrong you can do streaming and video editing with an i7 aswell!
i usually play games ngl so CORES matter in gaming n stuff but threads matter in editing modeling

Obiwancanabi

Proper
Dec 24, 2020
I wouldnt, but then it really depends on your use and needs, 10th gen makes a little more sense as the socket has some paths to go higher later, but with the 11th gen coming idk how they going there, and the 10100 and 10400 are pretty comparable to 7th gen intels so its not much of an upgrade to go 9th gen (gaming wise atleast) and be stuck with max a 9900k, dont get me wrong its a good CPU, but whats it gonna be like in 4 or 5 years, atleast if you went 10th gen you would have the 10900k to go to which is a lot more power even if 11th gen comes on a new socket, which i suspect it will

Jul 28, 2020
I wouldnt, but then it really depends on your use and needs, 10th gen makes a little more sense as the socket has some paths to go higher later, but with the 11th gen coming idk how they going there, and the 10100 and 10400 are pretty comparable to 7th gen intels so its not much of an upgrade to go 9th gen (gaming wise atleast) and be stuck with max a 9900k, dont get me wrong its a good CPU, but whats it gonna be like in 4 or 5 years, atleast if you went 10th gen you would have the 10900k to go to which is a lot more power even if 11th gen comes on a new socket, which i suspect it will
well since my parents literally hate everything about technology i barely got them to get me a new motherboard. i didnt think i would upgrade in a long tiume but it seems like i need to. so i cant switch to 10th gen or higher. maybe when 11th gen comes out

TRENDING THREADS