Question Is it worth upgrading my GPU?

PoolePaul

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2014
Hi, I am running a quite olf rig, and I am currently in the market for a massive upgrading happening in about 7 months. Specs I am running are as follows, I know theyre super old, but this has kept me running for a good long while, and want to know if it is worth temporarily upgrading until I can save enough for a much needed upgrade? Thanks in advance.
Current specs
CPU I4770K
GPU GTX770
Memory 16G not sure of speed.
Power I beleive is 750W

I have seen a GTX 1660 SUPER for a decent enough price and wondered if it was worth the money. I have seen them available for just over GBP 100.00

Cheers

Lutfij

Titan
Power I beleive is 750W
750W is the advertised wattage of the unit, what is the make and model of the unit and it's age?

and want to know if it is worth temporarily upgrading until I can save enough for a much needed upgrade?
I'd wait till you have more fuinds to buy parts for an entirely new platform, any money you drop in your existing one apart from second hand ram and additional storage is moot.

I migrated away from my Z97 Stinger board/platform since Windows 10 was not having it with my chipset drivers, making a mess of things.

Hi, I am running a quite olf rig, and I am currently in the market for a massive upgrading happening in about 7 months. Specs I am running are as follows, I know theyre super old, but this has kept me running for a good long while, and want to know if it is worth temporarily upgrading until I can save enough for a much needed upgrade? Thanks in advance.
Current specs
CPU I4770K
GPU GTX770
Memory 16G not sure of speed.
Power I beleive is 750W

I have seen a GTX 1660 SUPER for a decent enough price and wondered if it was worth the money. I have seen them available for just over GBP 100.00

Cheers

i would be very hesitant to buy a gpu if its off ebay i would recommend no a lot of heavily mined cards on there you may be swapping out one issue for another

what is the exact psu 750w can be the difference between a great psu to one that was bought out of a lunchbox.

what is your overall budget your trying to go by.