Is it worth upgrading my i5-4460 gaming pc?

GottaBashamAll

Prominent
May 23, 2017
I have an older gaming pc that I want to either upgrade or get a new pc, heres the parts list:
i5-4460 (3.2ghz/3.4ghz boost, haswell)
Asus B85M-G motherboard
Kingston Hyperx fury blue 8gb ram
525w Extreme 2 ATX cooler master PSU
MSI gtx 660ti 3gb
I am considering purchasing a msi 1070ti 8gb card and a new power supply with the compatible cables.
Would it be worth upgrading? Would there be a lot of bottlenecking? or possibly a faster haswell CPU with the same socket as well?
I would be using it for 1080p gaming for now and want to get a higher resolution monitor/vr in the future.
Saving for a completely new build would also be an option.

Thank you very much for any advice, It is greatly appreciated!

Solution
You could look for a used i7 4770 as an upgrade, just don't pay more then 120 for one, and if you can try and talk it down to 80 or 90 bucks. Anyone that is trying to tell you its worth more doesn't seem to realize the lowest i3 8th gen is on par with it and that DDR3 is obsolete.

Now if you wanna upgrade you could get a i5-8400 or even a Ryzen 2600 right now or just wait and see for the 9th gen intel to come out and see what they are like. But with either you'll have to buy DDR4 RAM which for 8gb will be around 100 USD.

For your power supply Seasonic FOCUS Gold are really good and their prices are usually super competitive. Id recommend a 550 watt.
You could look for a used i7 4770 as an upgrade, just don't pay more then 120 for one, and if you can try and talk it down to 80 or 90 bucks. Anyone that is trying to tell you its worth more doesn't seem to realize the lowest i3 8th gen is on par with it and that DDR3 is obsolete.

Now if you wanna upgrade you could get a i5-8400 or even a Ryzen 2600 right now or just wait and see for the 9th gen intel to come out and see what they are like. But with either you'll have to buy DDR4 RAM which for 8gb will be around 100 USD.

For your power supply Seasonic FOCUS Gold are really good and their prices are usually super competitive. Id recommend a 550 watt.

Solution

GottaBashamAll

Prominent
May 23, 2017

Thank you for the reply, i will look for a i7-4770 and see what my options are.

What about the graphics card?

1070tis are good, but I've seen 1080s on sale lately for 30-50 bucks more, and IMO its a better deal to spend the money. As far as brand, I personally like EVGA, but brand matters less and less anymore. Zotac offers some 1080 Minis which are really nice if you wanna do a small form factor mATX/ITX build.

GottaBashamAll

Prominent
May 23, 2017

Thank you!