CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 1.86ghz
GPU: Palit GeForce 9500GT 512MB DDR2
RAM: 2.5 GB DDR2
HDD: ExcelStore 160GB (DEAD)
PSU: P4-450W

I want to upgrade to:
MOBO: MS-7293 ver 2.0 ( The same)
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 or E8600 3.0 ghz
GPU: One of this (GTX 650 ti, 660 ti, Nvidia Quadro 4000, nvidia fx 1800)
RAM: 4 GB DDR2
HDD: A new one. Maybe an SSD?
PSU: I was thinking to keep the one that I have.

I am planing to build a new PC in the near future. I just wanted to bring life back to this PC and also gain some experience.
I would appreciate any suggestion.
Thank You.

Solution
Yeah, it will depend on what you want to use it for and how much the upgrade will cost. As Geofelt pointed out, the CPU upgrade could be rather cheap, and a RAM upgrade could likewise be similarly inexpensive. Just keep in mind that 32 bit Windows will typically not be able to access much more than 3GB of memory though, so the existing 2.5GB might be fine enough if that's the case. A graphics card upgrade would give a good boost to performance in games, but even used would likely cost more. The system would also have trouble running many newer games, since the processors available for that platform are quite slow by today's standards, but could be good for many older games and less-demanding indie titles.
No.

Everything in it is well aged. You won't get much more out it by upgrading it.

If you want to upgrade it, consider a 1050ti video card. Get one that does not require additional power (your PSU won't handle it).
Next consider adding 4gb of more ram. Ensure you have a 64bit OS or this is a wasted step.
Finally consider an SSD but only if you are prepared to migrate your OS install to this new drive.

Honestly I would not waste my money doing any of the above. Just save for a new one.

I wouldn't suggest investing into this old platform.

CPU upgrade - only, if you can get it dirt cheap. Probably not worth it.
GPU upgrade - only, if you intend to use this gpu in your future pc.
RAM upgrade - are you sure your motherboard supports 4GB ram?
SSD upgrade - yes, because you can reuse it in your future pc.
PSU - it's probably old crap. Get a new one for your future pc.

Is it this one? All specs, I can find, say that 2GB ram is maximum on this board.
s-l1600.jpg

Worth is something only YOU can determine.

You would get a nice boost in gaming with a better graphics card.
Your psu should be able to handle a card as good as a GTX1050ti.
Such a card can be easily moved to your future new build.
I would do that first and see how you do.

Since your motherboard does support sata, I would buy a 240gb Samsung evo for windows as a replacement for your failed hard drive.
There are cheaper drives, but they do not perform quite as well and will not have the Samsung 5 year warranty.

I would not try to buy a new ram kit since the ram is obsolete and will not be useful in the future.

You can buy a E8600 on ebay for about $15.
I might pass on that because I think the ssd and graphics card will give you the boost you are looking for.

Yeah, it will depend on what you want to use it for and how much the upgrade will cost. As Geofelt pointed out, the CPU upgrade could be rather cheap, and a RAM upgrade could likewise be similarly inexpensive. Just keep in mind that 32 bit Windows will typically not be able to access much more than 3GB of memory though, so the existing 2.5GB might be fine enough if that's the case. A graphics card upgrade would give a good boost to performance in games, but even used would likely cost more. The system would also have trouble running many newer games, since the processors available for that platform are quite slow by today's standards, but could be good for many older games and less-demanding indie titles.

Solution

At that price level, I suggest you look at used systems. From your comments I guess you are a gamer. And no gaming PC can be built for that price level. If you can save a little longer and get in to the 6-800 level you would get a much more competent machine.

Alternately you could get a low-end pre-built like this:
https://www.amazon.com/Acer-Desktop-i3-7100-Windows-TC-780-ACKi3/dp/B071DM6TWM/
It won't handle much in the way of upgrades and is built of quite low end bits (but it runs ok).
Then add the fastest graphics card this supports, which is a 1050ti (just get a model which does not need extra power).

For a budget build, look for a G4600@$90.
a 2 x 4gb DDR4 ram kit $75.
a lga1151 motherboard for $45-$65.
H110 motherboards are cheap, but you need new stock so it has the enabling bios(since 12/2016) that permits the G4600 to run.

The integrated HD630 graphics will be faster than your 9500GT and good for starters.

Since your hdd is bad, budget $100 for a Samsung 850 evo ssd.

You will have funds left over from your budget.