Question is it worth upgrading Upgrade PC?

1TED

Reputable
Sep 27, 2019
Hi there

A.
i7-4771 haswell
12gb ddr3
asrock fatal1ty z97x killer
gtx 970 special edition

B.
i7 3820 sandy bridge
28gb ddr3 ram
asus ROG rampage IV extreme (x79 i think)
GTX 680

So should i really buy another PC? or should i perhaps change cpu to a broadwell or a broadwell xeon (in the first set of components? theoretically performance gains would only be about 2-8% difference. sure more cores and threads are helpful, aswell as technology upgrades. but what tech even matters for example x99 etc? Well i do want to skip out of intel 6th or 7th gen (cant remember which) cpu, as they seem to have issues... well not really that i play alot of games these days anyway

Lutfij

Titan
It's best if you listed both your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Also, do you own both of them or are they second hand system's being sold off as a gaming rig? If the former, then you should consolidate on buying a concurrent GPU, if the 970 isn't cutting it for you and they will also have lower power draw for the sort of processing ability they have.

Speaking of which, we don't know what you task your system(s) with on a daily basis. If we did, we'd be able to give you a more concise answer.

1TED

Reputable
Sep 27, 2019
It's best if you listed both your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Also, do you own both of them or are they second hand system's being sold off as a gaming rig? If the former, then you should consolidate on buying a concurrent GPU, if the 970 isn't cutting it for you and they will also have lower power draw for the sort of processing ability they have.

Speaking of which, we don't know what you task your system(s) with on a daily basis. If we did, we'd be able to give you a more concise answer.
I have like 3x desktops and 3x laptops and 2x macs. In all honesty i would really but electronics second hand (even though like everything is made in china or taiwan)
Sorry i honestly thought i didnt need to phrase it like that in a hardware forum. Well havent bothered upgrading in about 6 years. because last i heard i7 gen 7 were giving problems with games. i have a 970 somewhere in the basement, i remember it was a 3gb active memory instead of 4gb xDDDDDD

TRENDING THREADS