[SOLVED] Is it worth using an old using old Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Professional Series Sound Card on new Asus Strix X570

fergie

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2008
Is there any benefit from slotting my old Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatality which I believe is 12 years old into my Asus Strix X570?

Solution
I am almost certain you will not hear any difference. maybe the soundblaster card would have a good amp, but unless you use really power hungry headphones that wont matter.
That really depends on your speaker/headphone/source situation.
If you have cheap speakers or headphones or playing MP3s you will not notice much difference.
If you are connecting it to a high quality speakers/headphones or a dedicated stereo amp the difference is quite noticeable.

D

Deleted member 14196

I like sound cards better than the onboard audio because you don’t get all the electronica cross talk noises and they generally have better amplifiers

I like sound cards better than the onboard audio because you don’t get all the electronica cross talk noises and they generally have better amplifiers
If you have a 10 year old system you might have had the electronica crosstalk noises.

new motherboards not only have seperate traces and higher quality capacitors just for audio, some of them have seperate pcb space just for audio. those sounds are not a concern anymore, even on very low end boards.
the amp would matter if he used higher power headphones with more impedance. which he does not.

D

Deleted member 14196

If you have a 10 year old system you might have had the electronica crosstalk noises.

new motherboards not only have seperate traces and higher quality capacitors just for audio, some of them have seperate pcb space just for audio. those sounds are not a concern anymore, even on very low end boards.
the amp would matter if he used higher power headphones with more impedance. which he does not.
A more powerful app is always a benefit especially if he wants to upgrade his headphones in the future