Is Kinguin a reputable website to get Windows 10 Keys from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BomarBumber

Reputable
Feb 16, 2016
I was really intrigued when I heard about Kinguin on Paul's Hardware where you can get Windows 10 for like 35$ the one thing is it just SCREAMS piracy but the website has been up for awhile and microsoft doesn't seem to be taking action so does anyone have any experience positive or negative with buying windows keys from the site? If you have bought from there do you recommend it if so or if not why? Thanks in advance

Mar 1, 2019
I contacted Kinguin based on an article on Tom's Hardware that states they are a legit site to get license. I went there and purchased code , but it did not work. They will not refund me. They asked me to get a screenshot with CHat session with Microsoft proving the code did not work, however, Microsoft has automated chat sessions for activation issues and there is no way to get a human to interact with you to get this kind of proof. After requesting help and explaining that it did not work and I could not comply with the proof, they responded back with automated email requesting the same information. Legit or not, this is not a good organization to work with.

Ryzenshine

Prominent
Jul 20, 2019
I bought a W10 Pro key from them this morning for 36 bucks...

"Unable to activate Windows because the product key was used on another device"

I started a support ticket and provided the 4 required screenshots.

Will let y'all know how it works out. Feeling like I got what I asked for but conflicted due to W10 being free for a couple years. Bummed.

USAFRet

Titan
I bought a W10 Pro key from them this morning for 36 bucks...

"Unable to activate Windows because the product key was used on another device"

I started a support ticket and provided the 4 required screenshots.

Will let y'all know how it works out. Feeling like I got what I asked for but conflicted due to W10 being free for a couple years. Bummed.
Has nothing to due to Windows being a free upgrade from Win 7 or 8.
The Win 10 license key they sold you has been sold and used multiple times.

With a valid retailer, that would not happen. Of course, 'valid' costs exactly what it costs.
Not pennies on the dollar.

Status
Not open for further replies.