Question Is laptop intel pentium / Celeron usable for daily tasks?

Prominent
Nov 28, 2021
Could these low end chips handle tasks smoothly in windows 10 , non S,
Mainly for web browsing, chrome/youtube, excel or maybe multitask 2 of them
Will experience be very laggy? If not which budget cpu would be best in terms of user experience?

I would argue that yes, they're usable for browsing the web and all that. And as long as it's a fairly recent model, it should handle the more popular video formats (e.g., H.264, H.265, VP9) up to 4K fine as well.

The only thing that would probably hamper you is RAM amount and whether or not you're using an SSD.

Remeca

Reputable
I do all that with a Core 2 Duo e7500 with 7GB of ram. W10 was almost unusable with only 4gb, but the extra ram and an ssd really helped, and there are usually 15+ YT tabs open in Chrome while doing other things (Roblox, web searches, etc) with little issue.

USAFRet

Titan
Could these low end chips handle tasks smoothly in windows 10 , non S,
Mainly for web browsing, chrome/youtube, excel or maybe multitask 2 of them
Will experience be very laggy? If not which budget cpu would be best in terms of user experience?
Sort of, yes.

But, RAM amount is a key component.
Excel may be an issue.

And how much are you going to pay for this, or are you getting a no-cost cast off from someone?

Remeca

Reputable
I do have a 1st gen i5 laptop cpu , 4gb ram , dramless ssd running windows 11, yes 11
Everything works but sluggish, that why i ask for cheapo replacement, also samsung tablet with dex may work(unfortunately not cheaap)
Dex sucks. Even on my good PC with my S9 it is laggy and not pleasant to use. First gen i5 should do fine with W10, better than my C2D, it sounds like you would benefit greatly from more ram if possible.