Question is LC Power LC5550 silent v2.2 550W enough for my pc?

Aug 18, 2022
I'm buying this new motherboard.

motherboard: ASRock H310CM-HDV DDR4 LGA1151 Micro ATX
gpu: RTX 3050
16GB RAM
1240GB of storage

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
is LC Power LC5550 silent v2.2 550W enough for my pc?

Wattage wise? Yes.

Build quality wise? No. Not even close.

LC-Power is one of those brands that produce junk PSUs. If you want good quality, look towards either Seasonic Focus/ PRIME series, or Corsair RM/ RMi /RMx series.
(All three of my PCs are also powered by Seasonic, full specs with pics in my sig.)

Btw, since PSU powers everything, it is the most important component inside the PC and if you do care about your PC, never cheap out on PSU. But if you don't care about your hardware and are fine when PSU fries everything it is connected to, when it blows up - feel free to use that junk of a PSU.

For example, that doorstep claims to be 550W unit, but when you look at it's specs,
link: https://www.lc-power.com/en/product/archive/pc-notebook-psus/lc5550-v22/

It has two +12V rails, one producing 216W and another 240W, with "combined" power of 400W. Now, you can't combine rails and what it essentially is, is 240W PSU. E.g you can not power a GPU that is 300W off from single 12V rail. At best, the PSU is 400W unit, and not 550W unit.

Also, there is 0 word on how long of a warranty it has. Or does it even have any. But due to the EU laws, it must have 2 years of warranty, else-ways, it can't be sold in EU.

Last edited:
Reactions: CompuGuy71

CompuGuy71

Proper
Jul 20, 2022
It is always surprising to me how these literal bombs are so popular, the prices must be just perfect.

If you are buying a PSU you really should stay with manufacturers that are reputable. EVGA, Silverstone, Corsair, Cooler Master, BeQuiet!, and the like.

If you go with a bargain brand unit like this the money saved may be good but it won't last the only thing it is likely to do is die if you're lucky. If you are unlucky it'll take your entire system with it.

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
It is always surprising to me how these literal bombs are so popular, the prices must be just perfect.

Marketing. Or RGB fan inside the PSU. :ROFLMAO:

If you are unlucky it'll take your entire system with it.

Actually, when you're unlucky, this will happen,
news article: https://www.thesundaily.my/archive/...wer-supply-unit-computer-updated-LTARCH461974

manufacturers that are reputable. EVGA, Silverstone, Corsair, Cooler Master, BeQuiet!, and the like.

Not all reputable brands are good. And every PSU brand has few or several poor PSUs they make. E.g EVGA G5, Corsair VS/ VX/ CX/ CXm, Cooler Master MWE, BeQuiet! Dark Power Pro P8, Silverstone Viva Bronze etc.
Great guideline here: https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...er-list-rev-14-8-final-update-jul-21.3624094/

Out of the 5 brands you listed, only one of them is manufacturer (aka OEM): Silverstone. All others listed are brands, using PSU OEMs production, without making PSUs themselves.

Also, out of the 5, i'd only look towards Corsair high end units, IF Seasonic or Super Flower units aren't available. If they are, i'd rather go with Super Flower Leadex III or Seasonic Focus/ PRIME series. (Seasonic and Super Flower are PSU OEMs.)