[SOLVED] Is Max 83 c hot for the gtx1060

MRoninM

Prominent
Oct 25, 2020
Hey, I have a MSI gtx1060 6gb gaming X and when I play demanding games like warzone and RDR2 it become too hot it hits 83C I want to know does this temp damage my GPU is it normal?
And for those who think that I can afford a new case or cooler I should say I can't right now
I ve got a body that have the same card 3gb version but it's like 76 or sth
The wierd thing is my CPU NEVER reaches more than 58 (6600k)

Solution
GPUs usually run hotter than CPUs.

While that is considered a high GPU temperature, its not dangerous or anything. GPUs are designed to thermally throttle as they warm up, keeping them from heating higher than their design limits.
GPUs usually run hotter than CPUs.

While that is considered a high GPU temperature, its not dangerous or anything. GPUs are designed to thermally throttle as they warm up, keeping them from heating higher than their design limits.

Solution
For Gaming X that should not be that high,
"The cooler does its job almost inaudibly. And yet it performs incredibly well, enabling readings around 145°F (63°C) during our gaming loop, and topping out at 149°F (65°C) in a closed case. "
I would go for a round of replacing thermal paste.

MRoninM

Prominent
Oct 25, 2020
Thanks for your answer another quick question my case only supports one case fan do you think it's good to use one fan since I see other case have more than one fans exhale and inhale