Is Microsoft Edge browser any good?

Solution
edge and resource hog in same sentence does not compute...

Edge uses 16mb with one tab open
Chrome generally eats 1gb of resources with one tab open

sure, difference is edge doesn't have any add ons and is built into win 10 so much of its usage may be hidden

Colif

Win 11 Master
edge and resource hog in same sentence does not compute...

Edge uses 16mb with one tab open
Chrome generally eats 1gb of resources with one tab open

sure, difference is edge doesn't have any add ons and is built into win 10 so much of its usage may be hidden

Solution

Colif

Win 11 Master
hmm, my edge takes up 16.2mb on Google homepage. Chrome app takes up 154mb and then you have to add all its background processes into total, Edge has none of those. I don't feel like removing all my add ons to test it so you could be right.

Colif

Win 11 Master
okay, your right, its really close if you add edges 3 background processes together, vs chrome with no add ons... but who runs chrome like that??

Once edge adds extension support they will be about same.

I use chrome, I can't live without ublock origin, internet is a strange place to me with ads on it... I don't watch tv cause I can't stand adverts.

I don't use Edge for the same reason Colif gave - can't install extensions. When/if I can install Adblock Plus, I'll consider it. Since MS makes money on those ads, I'm not holding my breath. They seem to want to nickel and dime us for everything these days. For now I'll stick with Firefox & Chrome.