[SOLVED] Is mixing this ram okay?

Oct 16, 2021
Hello.. i recently bought an Kingston Fury Beast 8GB 3200mhz 16CL Module.. and i wanted to know what is better..

Mixing it with my older Corsair Vegeance 16GB 3000mhz 16CL and having 24gb of ram..? (has the same voltage as the new one)
Or buying another Fury Beast 8gb module and having 16gb of ram?

What is better?

P.S: My motherboard supports max 3000mhz.

Solution
i aleardy tried it but i want to know if its safe.. my pc turned on i tried some games and it seems i have way better performance than single channel.. i didnt change any settings in bios.. but i really want to know if its safe.. or if i should just wait until i buy another fury module becouse i dont want to fry my pc.
Damage? I don't think so. Blue screen? Quite possible. I would run MEMTEST overnight before trusting it.

kanewolf

Titan
Hello.. i recently bought an Kingston Fury Beast 8GB 3200mhz 16CL Module.. and i wanted to know what is better..

Mixing it with my older Corsair Vegeance 16GB 3000mhz 16CL and having 24gb of ram..? (has the same voltage as the new one)
Or buying another Fury Beast 8gb module and having 16gb of ram?

What is better?

P.S: My motherboard supports max 3000mhz.
Mixing RAM is a gamble. You are choosing the worst possible odds. Different speed, different size, different brand.
The probability of success is low, but not zero.
How much manual tweaking do you want to do?

I think you will have to run in single channel, which won't improve your performance.

Oct 16, 2021
Mixing RAM is a gamble. You are choosing the worst possible odds. Different speed, different size, different brand.
The probability of success is low, but not zero.
How much manual tweaking do you want to do?

I think you will have to run in single channel, which won't improve your performance.

i aleardy tried it but i want to know if its safe.. my pc turned on i tried some games and it seems i have way better performance than single channel.. i didnt change any settings in bios.. but i really want to know if its safe.. or if i should just wait until i buy another fury module becouse i dont want to fry my pc.

kanewolf

Titan
Damage? I don't think so. Blue screen? Quite possible. I would run MEMTEST overnight before trusting it.

Solution