[SOLVED] Is Molex to Fan splitter safe?

ironstem

Reputable
Aug 15, 2020
The motherboard that I'm planning to get is really cheap, as far as motherboard prices go. This one that I'm considering only has two fan headers, one for CPU and one for a rear fan, but there isn't another fan header on the right side of the motherboard for front fans.

So, I've been considering using one of the Molex connectors and get a Molex to Fan splitter connector. I'll only be using one fan for now, since I won't have a GPU until I get one. But is it safe to use it when I have the chance to have two or even three front fans?

Motherboard: https://www.amazon.com/Intel-Micro-...se-bin:2057458011&rnid=2057414011&s=pc&sr=1-5

Solution
The motherboard that I'm planning to get is really cheap, as far as motherboard prices go. This one that I'm considering only has two fan headers, one for CPU and one for a rear fan, but there isn't another fan header on the right side of the motherboard for front fans.

So, I've been considering using one of the Molex connectors and get a Molex to Fan splitter connector. I'll only be using one fan for now, since I won't have a GPU until I get one. But is it safe to use it when I have the chance to have two or even three front fans?

Motherboard...

kanewolf

Titan

Motherboard: https://www.amazon.com/Intel-Micro-Motherboards-H310M-R2-0/dp/B07GNQK5NP/ref=sr_1_5?dchild=1&keywords=motherboard+1151&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&qid=1609297295&refinements=p_n_feature_six_browse-bin:2057507011,p_6:ATVPDKIKX0DER,p_n_feature_four_browse-bin:2057458011&rnid=2057414011&s=pc&sr=1-5
Yes, those are generally safe. Fans don't require high current like a GPU, so a molex plug can support them. The problem with using a molex to fan adapter is that your fans run at a constant speed.

Solution
D

Deleted member 2838871

Yes, those are generally safe. Fans don't require high current like a GPU, so a molex plug can support them. The problem with using a molex to fan adapter is that your fans run at a constant speed.

Yep... it's great for a set it and forget it type deal... I use a molex for my case lighting. It's non-RGB, white LEDs that are always on... molex is perfect for that.