[SOLVED] Is Msi gaming pro carbon ac compatible with Amd ryzen 5 3600?

you may run the risk of losing support for older processors like the Ryzen APU's
as the newer bios removes that code to make room for the 3xxx series,

if your flash fails you may brick the bios, so it's advisable to do it on a UPS and with a stable config.

If I update the 3000 series Bios (mitasse) to my MB, Can I use any of the 3000 (mitasse) processors. Would it not cause any harm to my system and MB.

Jun 29, 2020
But sir i just want to update bios for amd ryzen 5 3600X or 3600 or lower of them and my Motherboard is Msi gaming pro carbon ac. Which is in my budget for my build with Amd ryzen 5 3600X or 3600.

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2020
If my Mother board is not good then refer me a good compatible mother board with wifi for Amd ryzen 5 3600x or 3600 for my budget.
My budget for Mother Board is under $187.

Reply.

Last edited:
So if I update the bios of msi gaming pro carbon ac for all ryzen 3000 series will it cause any risk or problems.
When I bought my MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC in October 2019, it came with the first bios required to run Ryzen 3000 CPUs. It didn't say whether it had the Ryzen 3000 compatible bios, but it came with bios 7B85v17. I picked the board partly because it has the bios flashback feature allowing you to update the bios to a newer compatible bios version without having a CPU in the socket. So you don't need to replace the motherboard if you already bought it, just follow the procedure to update the bios using the bios flashback feature if the CPU is not compatible with the current bios version.

Why do you specifically require Wi-Fi be built into the system when you can just add a PCIE card? Most of them are just adapters and the Wi-Fi module itself (the actual part that does wireless) can be replaced in the future with the same type of module. The Wi-Fi built into the MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC is also an adapter to hold the Wi-Fi module.

your motherboard if manufactured after Aug 2019 will probably ship with a compatible bios (most cases you'll be fine out of the box, just check the S/N they're coded for Month/Yr of manufacture)

not sure if you're in the US, but the Asus TUF Series x570 can be had easily at the $150-180 mark (with AC) with recent sales (and Ryzen 3xxx support naturally). If MSI is your preference, that's fine too.

But sir i just want to update bios for amd ryzen 5 3600X or 3600 or lower of them and my Motherboard is Msi gaming pro carbon ac. Which is in my budget for my build with Amd ryzen 5 3600X or 3600.

Jun 29, 2020
So sir it means that I can externally add wifi module ro my motherboard
When I bought my MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC in October 2019, it came with the first bios required to run Ryzen 3000 CPUs. It didn't say whether it had the Ryzen 3000 compatible bios, but it came with bios 7B85v17. I picked the board partly because it has the bios flashback feature allowing you to update the bios to a newer compatible bios version without having a CPU in the socket. So you don't need to replace the motherboard if you already bought it, just follow the procedure to update the bios using the bios flashback feature if the CPU is not compatible with the current bios version.

Why do you specifically require Wi-Fi be built into the system when you can just add a PCIE card? Most of them are just adapters and the Wi-Fi module itself (the actual part that does wireless) can be replaced in the future with the same type of module. The Wi-Fi built into the MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC is also an adapter to hold the Wi-Fi module.
Sir please explain brief and in simple words.
I can't get to understand.

Jun 29, 2020
your motherboard if manufactured after Aug 2019 will probably ship with a compatible bios (most cases you'll be fine out of the box, just check the S/N they're coded for Month/Yr of manufacture)

not sure if you're in the US, but the Asus TUF Series x570 can be had easily at the $150-180 mark (with AC) with recent sales (and Ryzen 3xxx support naturally). If MSI is your preference, that's fine too.
So sir i can update my bios easily and without any risk or problems.