Is MSI Live Update 6 safe?

Axedavid201

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2014
So I have a Intel G3258 on a MSI Z97 PC Mate and I want to OC it, but I find out that I need to update the BIOS. I've never done this before so looked at MSI LU 6, many people say that it's not safe, it will brick you mobo. Is this true? I have my CPU OC'd with OC Genie right now but Windows doesn't recognize it as OC'd, on the other hand CPU-Z does. Is this supposed to happen? Also, if LU 6 isn't safe, how can I do this manually?

Solution
well,you already can manually overclocking.
G1da5nj.png

Click the cpu ratio and try to use keyboard +/- to increased the cpu ratio.
this video will teach you.
http://youtu.be/zC_JV3Ci_sw?t=4m34s
don't get too much Voltage, I would prefer max 1.3v.

Axedavid201

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2014
So I just tried to do it the same way showed in the video, but when it was updating, it stopped at 100% and just stayed on the update screen for the hour that I left it on. I restarted the system and entered the bios but it's still v4.4 not 4.6, the one I was trying to install.

PIEapple

Reputable
Jul 8, 2014
Well,if you want to OC G3258,I would said v4.4 would be fine.
v4.4 Description
- Improved VGA compatibility.
- Improved PS/2 keyboard compatibility.
- Enhanced EIST function when use non turbo boost CPU.
- Enhanced CPU compatibility.(Enhanced G3258 OC performance)

PIEapple

Reputable
Jul 8, 2014
well...your cpu is already overclocking up to 4.3Ghz.
because you click the oc genie,so you can't manually overclocking.
(oc genie is the easy way to overclock,just need to click that button than you will get a auto oc performance.)
just unclick the oc genie,then you will be able to manually overclock.
mFf4Trn.png

Phenomgamer

Honorable
Nov 5, 2013
I have a MSI H81M E33 board, and in order to raise the cpu multiplier, the keys + or - does not work , I discover that i must select the proper line, and then, press the space bar to increase the number, or I must directly type a number on the selected line....

That´s odd....

Maybe my keyboard is just messed up....