Jul 26, 2019
Hey y'all, noob question here.

I was watching YouTube and Kyle from Bitwit was doing a CPU comparison. He said he enabled multicore enhancement on the motherboard for both CPUs. Now I didn't know what that was so I did a little research. I didn't find a whole lot of info relating to my questions but MCE sounds awesome. I don't really overclock much but have some knowledge on the subject so this sounds like sort of an alternative. I know it's not strictly the same thing but from my limited understanding MCE makes the boost clock on all cores as high as the highest boosted single core. Maybe I'm wrong, but this sounds great. Therefore I have a few questions

1 Anyone have experience using this?Is it worth it if I'm not manually overclocking?

2 Am I close to understanding the concept?

3 Does this only work for Asus boards?

4 If not, does MSI have MCE? I only have my laptop and I am at my girlfriends house for a few days so I can't check my desktop

I have a MSI z390 gaming pro carbon ac and a i9 9900k. My cooler should be good enough I think. I have a 280mm corsair h115i and get very good temps under load. I also have plenty of power to spare on the PSU end

I know it's a lot to answer but I love this website and the community has helped me out a lot.

Thanks so much
-Andrew

Every manufacturer had/has MCE (their naming may vary) Back in the day, mobo manufacturers would enable it by default to boost their benchmark numbers with reviewers, but obviously reviewers caught on pretty quickly. It took a few years until mobo manufacturers still offered the feature but left it disabled by default.

Nowadays, I believe MCE is dead since not all CPUs (especially the highest stock clocked one) can hit their single core boost clocks on all cores at all (Ryzen) or without some decent tweaking (Intel). AMD and Intel just aren't leaving performance on the table anymore.

Jul 26, 2019
Every manufacturer had/has MCE (their naming may vary) Back in the day, mobo manufacturers would enable it by default to boost their benchmark numbers with reviewers, but obviously reviewers caught on pretty quickly. It took a few years until mobo manufacturers still offered the feature but left it disabled by default.

Nowadays, I believe MCE is dead since not all CPUs (especially the highest stock clocked one) can hit their single core boost clocks on all cores at all (Ryzen) or without some decent tweaking (Intel). AMD and Intel just aren't leaving performance on the table anymore.

Ahh, no wonder I couldn't really find current info on the subject

rodrigoxm49

Great
Oct 13, 2019
It's not the same thing, but next Windows update will bring to Ryzen the ability to choose the favorites CPU cores and maximize clock on them. I don't know if beyound boost clock or not. I know it's a different thing, i'm just saying because I think it's in some way related to the subject.

About MCE, I remember that people with 4790K could reach boost clock on all cores with MCE on, but some of them had problems with BSOD.

With K CPU, you should not worried about it. Just overclock it already. Doesnt?

Last edited: