[SOLVED] Is my +012V Right on my ASUS B450F Gaming motherboard?

Apr 25, 2020
So I got this new motherboard a few months ago now, I got a 5 1600 and a new motherboard with some new ram ontop of that. I have just recently realised that my 12V is only staying around 9.974 - 9.964 Which is worrying me because when I just loaded into a game it just crashed, I had to turn off the breaker and turn off back on in order for my pc to turn back on. is this normal for 5 minutes of gaming? View: https://imgur.com/HLKD4Yv

Solution
It has just done it again recently. I found out for a second time it spiked up to 325W on the gpu. It could be because I'm only running 1 power cable from the psu. But I am not certain. I just want some confirmation about my theory before I do anything.
Confirm what? It's definitely reading a very low +12V in the utility and the only way to confirm it is to actually measure it with a multimeter like @NightHawkRMX suggests.

The power circuit your PC is on seems to be overloaded and close to tripping the circuit breaker. You could try moving the PC to another circuit to see if it's any better. Either that or un-load the circuit...it's winter in the northern hemisphere do you happen to have an electric heater on it?
Apr 25, 2020
Do you have a multimeter?

Reading voltage from software is often inaccurate, and I bet the actual voltage is not 9v.
I don't have a multimeter, but I just got word that all the plugs on 1 side of my house turned off at the same time as my pc, which could have been a surge, but regardless I don't really know what is causing it to be so low, I have got a corsair 650w gold PSU which I replaced a few weeks ago.

Apr 25, 2020
Do you have a multimeter?

Reading voltage from software is often inaccurate, and I bet the actual voltage is not 9v.
It has just done it again recently. I found out for a second time it spiked up to 325W on the gpu. It could be because I'm only running 1 power cable from the psu. But I am not certain. I just want some confirmation about my theory before I do anything.

Confirm what? It's definitely reading a very low +12V in the utility and the only way to confirm it is to actually measure it with a multimeter like @NightHawkRMX suggests.

The power circuit your PC is on seems to be overloaded and close to tripping the circuit breaker. You could try moving the PC to another circuit to see if it's any better. Either that or un-load the circuit...it's winter in the northern hemisphere do you happen to have an electric heater on it?

Last edited:
Solution