Question is my 1050ti fake?

Mar 20, 2019
I bought a 1050ti off eBay from someone purporting to be breaking a computer they bought for accounting of all the bits they didn't need (i.e. GPU, extra RAM, etc.) Seemed legit and the guy still seems legit after raising my concerns with him.

I've promised I'll get it checked out so here I am... GPU-Z says I have a fake, and it shows as 1GB RAM not 4GB in System Info.

I've attached some pics of the card, it doesn't look legit to me after research... guess I'm after some second opinions.

Thanks

This is how it looks: View: https://imgur.com/a/pOsyzLy

Yeah, the current generation of graphics cards, including the 1050 Ti, don't include a VGA (D-Sub) monitor connector (the middle one), so I would say that's definitely an older card with the BIOS edited and a sticker slapped on to look like a newer one. Whether the seller knew that or not is anyone's guess. They might have simply got it that way in a system from someone else.

Reactions: mrt01983
Mar 20, 2019
Yeah, the current generation of graphics cards, including the 1050 Ti, don't include a VGA (D-Sub) monitor connector (the middle one), so I would say that's definitely an older card with the BIOS edited and a sticker slapped on to look like a newer one. Whether the seller knew that or not is anyone's guess. They might have simply got it that way in a system from someone else.

Thanks.

Yeah I do genuinely believe he got it off someone else and was parting it out, he's already offered a refund. I just said I'd check it out to be sure.

Thanks so much all. Guess I need to get looking again...