Question Is my 1060 dead?

Apr 5, 2023
I was playing games when suddenly my pc shut off and the case fans got really loud. After removing components and plugging them back in I've narrowed it down to the gpu. Pc will not boot with the 8 pin connector unplugged, pc only posts with the gpu fully removed from the pcie slot. I've tried both slots and same result. Case fans spinning very loud with no post. I've tried plugging the hdmi into my motherboard but It will still not post with the gpu installed.
My Cpu fan spins but only one gpu fan spins. Is my 1060 dead or is it something else?

Apr 5, 2023
could be it
PSU could be a thing as well
which one do you have?
which CPU and motherboard are you using?
Im running an EVGA 750W G2 gold, with an i5 7600k and an asus z270. after a closer look i realised the loud fan was actually the GPU fan. One is spinning really loud while the other isnt spinning at all. The lights on the gpu also dont light up.

KyaraM

Admirable
Do you have a different GPU to test if the PCIE slot still works and the power connector of the PSU, or can you test the GPU in a friend's system? Not gonna lie, it does sound like your GPU bit the dust and I wouldn't put my hopes up too much, but I would still try to test that out.