tomkendall

Reputable
Apr 4, 2016
Pretty sure it is but I thought I might as well ask.

Got it off ebay a few months ago - worked fine until Friday where I was playing CSGO and the screen went black (no backlight) and the fans went to 100%. I thought it was because of my overclock so I restarted, turned it off and rebooted to turn off the overclock. However, the same thing happened again but much faster, as soon as I loaded into the map. I restarted a few times more but it kept happening faster and faster, until I couldn't get into windows anymore. Now it refuses to display an output and will only boot into windows if I only have it plugged into my IGPU, where I tried to reinstall drivers but that didn't fix it.

So now it turns on, fans spin normally, however only displays output when using IGPU. Fans don't go to 100% anymore, and I don't think its overheating since temps were normal when I opened afterburner to turn off the OC.

Anything else I could try or should I order a new one?

Solution
It doesn't sound good. you'll have to try it in another system or at least try another GPU in your system to be sure where the issue is coming from. truth be told electronics fail, whether you bought new or used it happens, don't let it discourage you.
It doesn't sound good. you'll have to try it in another system or at least try another GPU in your system to be sure where the issue is coming from. truth be told electronics fail, whether you bought new or used it happens, don't let it discourage you.

Solution

tomkendall

Reputable
Apr 4, 2016

Yeah, I could try it in my brother's PC but hes on it most of the time and I don't want to waste his time. I've been pretty lucky so far as none of the GPUs I've got second have had any issues, but it had to happen at some point