[SOLVED] Is my 2070 super faulty? Can i fix it?

lazostat

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2013
From the fist time i tried to install my gpu on mobo, i guessed that something maybe was wrong. It took me 30 minutes to put it in pci-express! Don't know why, but i had to apply very high pressure in order to lock it down. While with my old 770 i had no problem. it was instant-locked every time i try it.

Also today i tried to connect my tv-pc with hdmi and i couldn't. I tried many fixes but nothing worked. Then i checked the hdmi port and i saw it was faulty. The hdmi recognized only when i had the cable in a specific place. I took some photos of my gpu hdmi and mobo hdmi and i think there are differences? I see that mobo's hdmi has pin connectors in both sides, while gpu's hdmi has only at upside. Why?

Can i do something in order to fix it or it's better to buy an displayport to hdmi adapter?

View: https://imgur.com/a/0zBA2fN

Solution
What's this metal thing in the usb port of my mobo?
the clips showing inside of the USB port (and the ethernet port underneath it) are support clips on the I/O plate. your motherboard is not seated correctly against it. they should be out of sight, pressing up against the side of these motherboard ports securing them in place.

very curious that the GPU's PCIe contacts do not fit correctly into the PCIe slot.
there's a possibility that the slot was damaged when installing or removing the previous card. try seating it in a different slot and see if it enters easier.
if it still doesn't fit in with relative ease, can you post an image of the GPU's PCIe contacts?

lazostat

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2013
I have 3 hdmi cables, none of them can fit 100%. Maybe i put the gpu and mobo with bad positioning? What's this metal thing in the usb port of my mobo?

I tried to loosen the pins, but no success. The only time the hdmi works is if i put the cable only half inside and if pushing it up with my hand. So i can't make it work permanent.

Ryzen 3600, Msi Tomahawk B450 Max, 2070 super, 16gb ram, xfx 750w black full modular.

What's this metal thing in the usb port of my mobo?
the clips showing inside of the USB port (and the ethernet port underneath it) are support clips on the I/O plate. your motherboard is not seated correctly against it. they should be out of sight, pressing up against the side of these motherboard ports securing them in place.

very curious that the GPU's PCIe contacts do not fit correctly into the PCIe slot.
there's a possibility that the slot was damaged when installing or removing the previous card. try seating it in a different slot and see if it enters easier.
if it still doesn't fit in with relative ease, can you post an image of the GPU's PCIe contacts?

Solution