[SOLVED] Is my 2700X bottle necking my 3080?

iljinwoo

Honorable
Jul 7, 2014
Hey guys, I recenlty got 3080 from Zotac. And I noticed my frame for League of Legends is relatively low than I thought, which was around 120 during the teamfight. When I checked other benchmark with 3080, it goes over 350 frames.
Here is my system:
MSI X570 GMainboard
Ryzen 7 2700X
G.Skill Trident DDR4 RAM 8GBx2 2166, OC to 3066
Zotac RTX 3080 Holoblack
2560x1440P 144hz monitor Acer

Any thoughts? Thanks

Solution
Even if you threw the highest end processor known to mankind at this moment of time, it still can't take advantage of the GPU. That's what the talk was all about since the RTX 3000 series launched.

If your gameplay in LoL is being affected, see if reinstalling your GPU drivers or reinstalling the game changes your experience. Also, make sure you're on the latest BIOS update for the motherboard and you're on the latest version of Windows 10.

Lutfij

Titan
Even if you threw the highest end processor known to mankind at this moment of time, it still can't take advantage of the GPU. That's what the talk was all about since the RTX 3000 series launched.

If your gameplay in LoL is being affected, see if reinstalling your GPU drivers or reinstalling the game changes your experience. Also, make sure you're on the latest BIOS update for the motherboard and you're on the latest version of Windows 10.

Solution

iljinwoo

Honorable
Jul 7, 2014

Would that make such huge difference? I will definitely try it tho.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Fps starts at the cpu. If it can only deliver 100fps to the gpu, then that's all the gpu has to work with. A gpu cannot increase fps beyond what it's given, detail settings and resolution can only decrease fps.

A 3080 is well capable at 1080p of delivering whatever fps the cpu can send at ultra settings and still have room for more.

So get the cpu healthy, that means do whatever it takes so that the cpu is putting out that 350fps, and then that's the fps the gpu needs to deal with.

Which could mean reinstall windows, update bios to latest, redo gpu drivers from scratch, clean out the pc with ccleaner, clean out the registry with ccleaner, install the latest motherboard chipset drivers etc.

I'd leave windows reinstall for last ditch effort as it's the biggest pain to do.

Reactions: iljinwoo

iljinwoo

Honorable
Jul 7, 2014
Fps starts at the cpu. If it can only deliver 100fps to the gpu, then that's all the gpu has to work with. A gpu cannot increase fps beyond what it's given, detail settings and resolution can only decrease fps.

A 3080 is well capable at 1080p of delivering whatever fps the cpu can send at ultra settings and still have room for more.

So get the cpu healthy, that means do whatever it takes so that the cpu is putting out that 350fps, and then that's the fps the gpu needs to deal with.

Which could mean reinstall windows, update bios to latest, redo gpu drivers from scratch, clean out the pc with ccleaner, clean out the registry with ccleaner, install the latest motherboard chipset drivers etc.

I'd leave windows reinstall for last ditch effort as it's the biggest pain to do.
I am running at 1440p. But I will try the things you have listed. Thanks