Question is my 3060ti broken?

Oct 16, 2022
so I haven't done anything different from this morning until now.
This is my results from this morning
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/55952299

and these are my results now
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/55956699

I haven't changed anything and have been experiencing very high and fluctuating CPU and GPU usage, ram is running in dual channel DOCP mode, I've tried almost every tweak possible, I even have new ram already being shipped out to me.

So what's the deal? is my brand new 3060ti defective?

According to that your poor score is due to something very demanding running in the background, not that you should in any way trust anything userbenchmark tells you anyhow.

Run task manager and sort the CPU column on the processes tab to see what is using an unusually high amount of CPU resources. If the CPU is using 40% of it's resources on some unknown background process, that's a big problem because if the CPU is being swamped with demand it's going to adversely affect the GPU which will be sitting there waiting for the CPU to get done with whatever it's doing at least part of the time which will tank GPU performance.

It would be very helpful if you would post a list of all hardware models including motherboard and exact power supply model, and how long that PSU has been in service.

It would also be a good idea to reboot the machine and see if you still have the same problem.

I would also make sure you have the MOST recent stable motherboard BIOS version and that you've installed the latest motherboard chipset drivers from the motherboard product page as well as the latest Nvidia drivers.

Probably wouldn't hurt to run antivirus and malware scans as well.

Oct 16, 2022
According to that your poor score is due to something very demanding running in the background, not that you should in any way trust anything userbenchmark tells you anyhow.

Run task manager and sort the CPU column on the processes tab to see what is using an unusually high amount of CPU resources. If the CPU is using 40% of it's resources on some unknown background process, that's a big problem because if the CPU is being swamped with demand it's going to adversely affect the GPU which will be sitting there waiting for the CPU to get done with whatever it's doing at least part of the time which will tank GPU performance.

It would be very helpful if you would post a list of all hardware models including motherboard and exact power supply model, and how long that PSU has been in service.

It would also be a good idea to reboot the machine and see if you still have the same problem.

I would also make sure you have the MOST recent stable motherboard BIOS version and that you've installed the latest motherboard chipset drivers from the motherboard product page as well as the latest Nvidia drivers.

Probably wouldn't hurt to run antivirus and malware scans as well.
https://www.newegg.com/rosewill-pmg...-1200w/p/N82E16817182448?Item=N82E16817182448

so I've been dealing with this issue for about 4 days and have already checked for malware, rebooted, made tweaks and fixes, I'm at the point to where I know it isn't a malware issue. all drivers for GPU, CPU, and MMO are updated. The PSU and GPU were upgraded about 4 days ago and the link provided above is my current brand new psu

What was the model of the PSU you replaced and how old was that unit?

What is your motherboard model and what BIOS version is it currently running?

For the record, that Rosewill PSU is a terrible unit and if possible I'd return it for a refund and get something decent. The only good models Rosewill has ever sold are the Capstone M, Tachyon, Silent night and Quark series units, plus the 1350w Photon unit (But not other capacity models of the Photon series). Your model has never had a professional review done of it but I know that I've discussed them with somebody I won't name that works for a major PC hardware company as the head of PSU engineering and they HAD done a tear down or had seen the internals of the PMG series units and they were a very poor platform being used for them. Which pretty much lines up with every other Rosewill PSU ever sold that wasn't one of the four series I mentioned before.

Reading both of these will be very helpful in avoiding making the same mistake a second time.

Reactions: DMTee
Oct 16, 2022

For the record, that Rosewill PSU is a terrible unit and if possible I'd return it for a refund and get something decent. The only good models Rosewill has ever sold are the Capstone M, Tachyon, Silent night and Quark series units, plus the 1350w Photon unit (But not other capacity models of the Photon series). Your model has never had a professional review done of it but I know that I've discussed them with somebody I won't name that works for a major PC hardware company as the head of PSU engineering and they HAD done a tear down or had seen the internals of the PMG series units and they were a very poor platform being used for them. Which pretty much lines up with every other Rosewill PSU ever sold that wasn't one of the four series I mentioned before.

Reading both of these will be very helpful in avoiding making the same mistake a second time.

you my good sir may be onto something. Also for whoever wants to know the processes that are consuming cpu is client runtime process, system interupts, anti malware executable, desktop windows manager, etc. (nothing malicious) also this is my old psu https://www.newegg.com/thermaltake-ps-ttp-0600nnfagu-1-600w/p/N82E16817153395?Item=N82E16817153395
I will happily return my current psu if you feel confident in your statement, my only concern is that can a 3060ti work with only 600w psu?

Oct 16, 2022

Also, how would this be for a replacement?
https://www.newegg.com/seasonic-foc..._re=psu-_-17-151-210-_-Product&quicklink=true

That's extremely overkill for your application. All you need is a good 750w unit, which already gives you like 175w cushion above the recommendation for the 3060 ti. Certainly the Focus Plus gold units are pretty decent, but I think this is a lot more sensible than paying 194.00 for something you really don't need unless you plan to upgrade to a card with a significantly higher capacity requirement than what you have now.

PCPartPicker Part List

Power Supply: Corsair RM750x (2021) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($109.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $109.99
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2022-10-18 03:41 EDT-0400